Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just picked up my E tonight and first on the mod block are HIDs. What wattage are people running for safe no lens melting temps.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
247 Posts
35W is the magic #

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Yes it can as the wattage of the regular bulbs are 60-55 but the HIDs are almost triple the lumens per watt and the 35s are legal and the 55s are for offroad use only as they are just too damn bright. The HID kits come with a harness with a relay so they pull their power directly from the battery or where ever you hook the positive wire up to. Make sure you check your headlight adjustment after the install. The lumen per watt on a H4 is 1100 for 55 watt and the 35 watt HID is 3200 and the 55 watt HID is 5000. Big differance. The color temp change (CRI) on the HIDs will change the lumens per watt a little.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have always ran a 6k kit. the 8k is very blue and with most 6k kits you get a very clean white. Also went 35w. The place I have been getting them from for a long time sell them for around 80 with relays shipped fedex and has a 2 year warranty on them but have never had a problem. Install take about 30 mins.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I installed the VVME 35W 4300K Bi-Xenon H4 Digital Slim Ballast kit last night and I love how it looks and functions. No glare, perfect pure white light output and proper high-beam operation. Best kit IMO for the non-SC Elements.

I will be posting pics of the install and the kit HERE if you want to check them out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes it can as the wattage of the regular bulbs are 60-55 but the HIDs are almost triple the lumens per watt and the 35s are legal and the 55s are for offroad use only as they are just too damn bright. The HID kits come with a harness with a relay so they pull their power directly from the battery or where ever you hook the positive wire up to. Make sure you check your headlight adjustment after the install. The lumen per watt on a H4 is 1100 for 55 watt and the 35 watt HID is 3200 and the 55 watt HID is 5000. Big differance. The color temp change (CRI) on the HIDs will change the lumens per watt a little.
Hrmm.. well I already received the 55 watt kit. Just waiting on the projectors. Let's hope it's not too bad haha.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Just adjust them down a little and you should have no problem but watch out for the wonderful CHP as a ticket now costs more then the kit replacement. I think its $190 as to where it use to be just a fix it ticket. If you want to go down to a 35 watt kit you have to change both the ballast and bulb as the set is matched. The ballast regulates the bulb.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just adjust them down a little and you should have no problem but watch out for the wonderful CHP as a ticket now costs more then the kit replacement. I think its $190 as to where it use to be just a fix it ticket. If you want to go down to a 35 watt kit you have to change both the ballast and bulb as the set is matched. The ballast regulates the bulb.
Thanks for the info. Luckily the ddmtuning kit is only $30-50 depending on if i get a slim ballast or not.. When the projectors come in, look out for some pics.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have always ran a 6k kit. the 8k is very blue and with most 6k kits you get a very clean white. Also went 35w. The place I have been getting them from for a long time sell them for around 80 with relays shipped fedex and has a 2 year warranty on them but have never had a problem. Install take about 30 mins.
10k is very blue...8k has a light blue color.

Where did you order yours from.

·
Registered
839 Posts
10k is very blue...8k has a light blue color.

Where did you order yours from.
Installed the VVME 4300K bi-Xenon digital slim ballast kit and I love it. High- and low-beams are both HID and it functions similar to the Audi or Acura systems.

This is the link to my install thread with links to Flickr for pics and YouTube for a video: http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61986&page=2

IMO this is the perfect kit to get for the Element as you get both high- and low-beams with the HID. Only issue is you lose your DRL system unless you get the DRL system relay which is extra but I just turn my headlights on in the daytime because they're brighter than DRLs :-D.

·
Registered
554 Posts
To bad they don't make a 55W ballast that is duel wattage. Besides a
55W bulb that is burned @ 35W should last longer. But the ballast has to
be designed to do so. You can't take a 55W bulb and run it at 35W with
a 35W ballast. The 55W bulb needs a higher ignition voltage to ignite (strike).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts