Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have added the necessary high flow intake components, now I want the exiting end to help in the process.
Is there a better performing exhaust components that will not make the element louder? Something for improved HP and fuel economy without the noise.

Thanks for your suggestions and links

·
Registered
288 Posts
That's no fun! 'Course, when I spent over $600 on an Injen exhaust, I expected it to be "louder"!

I guess you could go with bigger exhaust pipes, but the muffler/resonator is the issue. A free flowing muffler will give you the hp/mpg increase you're looking for, and then maybe a resonator to cut down on the "noise". I don't know what anyone else thinks.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
i had custom from the cat back done on mine. had a 24" resinator put in where the stock muffler and resonator was and a "fart can" stainless steel muffler put on the back, that has a removable silencer (left in) and it is not much louder than stock. in fact i cant really hear it over the intake when i drive it. i have heard them with just the ss muffler in the rear and they are LOUD, but the resonator (looks like a glass pack but isnt) is what shuts mine up but is still much higher flow than stock.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Like Yoda I had a custom exhaust ayatem done 2.5" with a 30" resonator right behind the cat and a larger flow through muffler and then 2.25" tailpipe. the resonator and muffler are Flowmaster and it works great with just a hair bit more sound. Great at $250.:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts