Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I heard a loud bang from inside my house, walk outside, to see my E all smashed up... The other driver took off with parts of his car in front of mine... so now Im without a vehicle till they either fix it, or total it out... Shall find out during the week... Pics will be up soon...

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Sorry to see this post! It always hurts to see an E I have seen in person take a hit! Pluss I know that you are going to hate driving whatever you get for a rental.

Dom

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Oh Tool, that sucks! I hope they can get enough evidence to catch the idiot!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
who ever hit my car had some serious damage done to theirs... but i just got a rental today... so i will be beating this things up till i get my E back unless they total it out

·
Registered
245 Posts
Well I heard a loud bang from inside my house, walk outside, to see my E all smashed up... The other driver took off with parts of his car in front of mine... so now Im without a vehicle till they either fix it, or total it out... Shall find out during the week... Pics will be up soon...
That really sucks. We just had a serious accident a block from our house, earlier in the week. Four vehicles involved. Three sent to the hospital and they had to use the "Jaws of Life, to extricate one person. The driver who caused the accident got away. Ran into our neighborhood and is not found yet. Stupid, mean spirited people. I am so sorry about your E!

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Damn Zombies, they're everywhere

Sorry about the loss

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Ouch

From what I see from the pictures , it doesn't look like a total loss , looks like it just missed the chassis . From the pieces left at the scene , sometimes you can make out the color of the other car or make ! Don't know how many accidents I've responded to , and found plates left behind , better then 50 % .
Good luck and it can be fixed , as long as you're ok , right !
RUBY

·
Registered
557 Posts
Give me 20 pics of the pieces left behind and any markings on it and I can probably tell you what the car is, I'm really good at that. If any plastic has a set of numbers engraved on the back, etc, click a picture.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
From what I see from the pictures , it doesn't look like a total loss , looks like it just missed the chassis.
It depends. From the angle of the front wheel it looks like it took the brunt of the blow and was shoved out possibly taking out the lower control arm and possibly destroying the axle. If the axle was pushed into the transmission it could have damaged the housing. Let's hope I'm wrong.:-(

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Sorry for your temporary loss and the misfortune of a rental, but you can always take the LIRR.:roll: You know I'm just kidding... Let me know if you got the T-shirt I mailed out on Wednesday.

Bob

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
dude that sucks
I dont think it is totaled but that just is rotten pool

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im goin back on monday when they put it up on the lift... and im goin to get some pictures of the underneath of the vehicle...
but the guys at the shop believe the axel was bent because the wheels wouldnt move when they had to take it off the flat bed....
and that the driver side wheel is bent more and almost hanging off.... we shall see monday... but for now i have a 09 Silverado pick up costing me nothin.... cept more gas lol

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Nothing worse than some low life hitting your E, sitting all safe and sound in front of your own house!
What goes around, comes around...as many have said, karma will get'em!

and they stuck ya with a crappy chevy p/u???? OWWWWW
talk about adding insult to injury???bastards

(are you coming up to Albany for the lights thingy??? Elaine and I will be there..I'll bring ya a beer to make it all feel better!)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
well the person better wish karma finds them before i do lol...I drove around most of the day looking for black vehicles with front end damage... didnt find one which made me upset lol... but hope fully it will all work out in the end...

already went to honda today too see if they have any used E's on the lot so i wouldnt have to have a loan again. and i cant find one E anywhere around me used, which is a good sign that the car is popular, but also bad which means i might have to go to a different vehicle which i really dont want to do...

i might also be comming to the lights in the park Tim, but if I dont have my E by then, ill have to drive the truck there...

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident, Tool.

Whoever hit you is probably hiding their car for a while hoping you won't see it if you did decide to drive around the area. I would recommend driving around again a few more times within the next couple of weeks and at different times of day. Have your buddies on the look out too. Check out a few local shops while you're at it. I hope you find the basterd!

Looking forward to seeing you in Albany. It will probably be too soon for you to have an E by then unless the insurance co decides to total and you find another one.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts