Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I unfortunatly got my first accident luckily my car was parked... I ended up trackign the guy down by the way it was hit and the damage... He wanted to offer me $50 but i got an estimate from a body shop and they said about $1,500 to $2,000 so i wanted to go throught the insurance. I asked for his info and he played the back and forth game telling me he would give me his after i gave him mine. So i had to get the local police involed they contacted him and got it for me.. I just got the check today from his insurace and it was $1,072 just from the guy backing up into ym car.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Glad you were able to track down the guilty one!

Now if only I could get my hands on the stupid people that open their doors into my vehicles . . . :-x

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Wow you made out good, from the picture it looks like about $60 of damage, if you fix it yourself. Or $235 if you replace the whole front end:lol:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nah im not really a hands on person :-( i am having it done by a body shop becuase the E has a double sided tape for the side bumper which got displaced and that flap underneath means it will need to be completley re assembled... the estimate was $1,072 but i am not replacing the bumper it is only a tiny scratch and also they wanted to completly refinish the door but i told them just to touch up with paint

·
Retired.
12,183 Posts
nah im not really a hands on person :-( i am having it done by a body shop becuase the E has a double sided tape for the side bumper which got displaced and that flap underneath means it will need to be completley re assembled... the estimate was $1,072 but i am not replacing the bumper it is only a tiny scratch and also they wanted to completly refinish the door but i told them just to touch up with paint

Double sided tape?

I have had my bumpers apart numerous times and have never seen tape....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.