Honda Element Owners Club banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I've had it off for the last 6 months or so. The only issue I ran into was that my exhaust melted the 2 delrin washers that sit above and below the swing arm. After I realized what happened, I ended up removing the whole assembly and got my exhaust rerouted to the side. Next up is to get a new set of washers and clean up a little bit of rust that I believe was caused by the melted-washer-turned-goop-blob trapping water against the swing arm's lower knuckle.

I still like it and it's definitely going back on, just have had more important things pop up (e.g. work, new motorcycle). Once I get the washers in and/or have a longer distance trip planned, I'll put the work in to get it back together and on the E.

·
Premium Member
1,057 Posts
Tell us more about that new motorcycle (I don't give a damn about work)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
are there bearings in the swing spindle assembly? planning to build a swing arm and deciding if i should go with bearings or bushings.
No bearings. Just the 2 (self-lubricating) delrin washers that sit in the knuckle. I think bearings would be a little overkill, plus if you had them, you'd want to add some level of friction or a lock so that the swingarm wouldn't freely move when it's open.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Tell us more about that new motorcycle (I don't give a damn about work)
It's a 2018 Zero DSR. The bike weighs around 415-420 #s. I got it in late May, already changed out the handlebars, added windscreen, barend mirrors, throttle lock, rear fender eliminator... I get around 150 city miles on a full charge. Highway miles are supposedly around half that; haven't taken it out on the interstate just yet. Mixed speed riding on back roads (45-70 ish) I see around 110 miles/charge.

I've put around 1100 miles on it - love it. And it launches like a rocket - 116 ft/lbs of torque.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts