Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hola everyone,

I have been a member of this forum since 07 but only recently picked up my E.

For one reason or another I had procrastinated on getting one and then when they became discontinued that dream got pushed further down the bucket list...

However I recently made the switch from a BMW Z4 to my E and I'm LOViNG every moment!

I switched from an ant to a elefante because I want to do lots of outdoors activities, haul bikes around, develop my nutrition business and eventually get a dog :)

I hope to continue to learn from all the creative DIY'ers here and contribute some ideas of my own.

This isn't my first automotive community but from what I've read it seems to be the friendliest bunch around.

Allow myself to introduce elefante:
2007 ex, at with aftermarket roof rack, side steps, tint and bike rack 49k miles and meticulously maintained by dealer by original owner.

My Z4

-elefante

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mr. Darcy. I was looking for 09 + but when I found this 08 it was too good of a deal and condition to pass up.
I wonder if you'd know the changes ( other than aesthetic) between 08 and 09+

·
Registered
71 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
update since purchasing the E

well, alot has happened since I bought my E.

I've learned alot, made several friends and have changed the E significantly since...

I'll use this spot to chronicle the mods I've done/will do to the E as well as any products I've bought for travel/camping.

I'll try to format it as:

mod name/what it is - why its useful - where I bought it - how much it cost me

I hope someone may find it useful...

bike rack - fast load/unload/lockable - included with E purchase

interior carpet - made from recycled plastic bottles - home depot - $20
1 roll is enough to do 2 E's

upper half of doors painted black - plasti dip - home depot - $6 per can (3 cans)

lower portion of car painted green - unthinned plasti dip/hvlp spray gun - $300
(and underbody multicolor remote control neon lights) - costco -$26 per set (2 sets)

interior curtains - privacy while camping - fabric from fabric store/wood dowel and rubber chair feet protectors from home depot - $30 + sewing skills

interior hatch open & lock and unlock - able to lock/unlock the E manually from the inside as well as open in the morning after car camping - paracord - $3 for 20yrds

sharpie art/marketing designs - permanent marker - dollar store - $5 (narrow,wide tip, black, red)

(also plasti dipped rims black+gloss with polished lip) - $7 per can $9 per gloss (4 cans)

next up...camping mods

stay tuned

·
Registered
161 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Came up on some great new items.
In no particular order :
Covercraft Noah car cover
Table Leg Accessory kit for plastic interior floor panel
New black cabana with tent poles, guy lines and stakes
OEM rear hatch cover (never had seen one in person) :)

These are a great addition to my existing ; grey cabana, tailgate backrest and interior cargo net.

I wonder if I'll keep these items since I had already made diy mods of the legs, tent poles and tailgate backrest but in the meantime it'll be fun to set it all up at the next outing.

Attachments

·
Registered
665 Posts
Came up on some great new items.
...These are a great addition to my existing ; grey cabana, tailgate backrest and interior cargo net.

I wonder if I'll keep these items since I had already made diy mods of the legs, tent poles and tailgate backrest but in the meantime it'll be fun to set it all up at the next outing.
Nice items for sure, I had that folding leg item once until Steve broke it! I had put on large chopping board on it and used it as a table. I may get another, it is very portable.

Speaking of the next outing, I trust we will see you next weekend in Goleta I hope, Steve and I will be there and Etta I know will be there also.

I will keep watching this site for ideas - I love to try new things, it is never ending getting things they way we like it. But that is the fun in it all!

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice items for sure, I had that folding leg item once until Steve broke it! I had put on large chopping board on it and used it as a table. I may get another, it is very portable.

Speaking of the next outing, I trust we will see you next weekend in Goleta I hope, Steve and I will be there and Etta I know will be there also.

I will keep watching this site for ideas - I love to try new things, it is never ending getting things they way we like it. But that is the fun in it all!
Sorry to hear about your folding leg mishap Mel... Maybe Steve can build you replacement legs with my pvc diy I posted a while back...

In related news, I had a mishap myself recently... Broken window and my plasti dip scratched on 3 panels

Working on getting it repaired so I can come join in the festivities in Goleta.

Will know more tomorrow. :/

Attachments

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sad - but now you can do a new color. Now put plastic on the window and pack for tomorrows drive.
I won't be headed up till the evening tomorrow... So time to scramble and fix my E... Crappy paint and plastic/cardboard window just won't do.
I'm sure you understand Mel, I think you and I have a healthy dose of OCD, lol.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
In other news; another recent addition to the E travel/camping gear...

A PartyMate, hitch attached fold out table...

Not really a mod but pretty cool piece for the price.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
WOW, your mods are Sick! I'm glad I decided to check in on this page. Will have to do some of these things when I pick up my E.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts