Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see this mentioned a lot and it seems like something I need to do, living in Vegas, I had a ton of little rocks hit my old windshield, and with the Element sitting a spot higher, I would hate to have the road sniper anything inside there. I'm not experienced whatsoever with cars, but I'm not completely stupid, are there any instructions online on how to remove the bumper and such, or do I need to pick up a service manual?

·
Registered
57 Posts
2009-10 Lower Grill Guard

I see this mentioned a lot and it seems like...
I am also working on a Lower Grill guard. I think the '09-'10 have a decently protected Upper section, but the Lower one is bad. At Home Depot, etc, they have a 36x6 piece of mesh gutter screen, that is slightly curved and can be easily cut to shape with tin snips. I just got mine Friday for $2.16 and plan on making a cardboard template next week and put in on.

For this winter season I plan on just trimming it to make a quick-fit, wire-tie on the Outside of the Lower section and wait till warmer weather, then I’ll remove the whole bumper assy. and install one from the Inside. I'll include some pics.

This link is a great pictorial explanation for older models, plus, the Honda eStore.com has lots of pdf files on accessories and the How-To instructions.

Welcome aboard, Rick

* 2009 PMM EX NAV 4wd * EOC Decal * AVS Bug shield * WeatherTech window deflectors * Side Steps * Custom Carpet * Custom inside Bike Carrier * HD Grill Guard

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts