Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody! Just got my E three days ago. I so wanted the bungee net for the backs of the seats but was not going to pay Honda that outragous price. So I figured it out on my own. Went to a local hardware store (family owned) not like Home Depot and bougt the bungee by the foot. I bought 9 and a half feet for the back of the drivers side and the back needs 10-10.5 depends on how much lead way you want. I did not realize tha back seat was bigger and had to use the 9.5 feet. But the trick I found out was when I bought the bungee the did not cut it, they burned it so it would not fray, so I had them do two seperted pieces with the ends burned. I used those little black things that are on rain jackets, or grill covers, used to tighten stuff up. They had them at the hardware store too. On my receipt it says the are called cord locks. You can use 1/4 or 1/8 bungee i used 1/8. Anywho needless to say did it all for about $3.50 in less than 10 min. If any one needs some bungee by the foot let me know and i can get it for you, it is white and black and looks good in my black E! :lol:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Congrats on your new E, There are several other posts about making your own bungees, if you use the search feature on the upper right hand corner and enter bungee you will find many posts.

Also, welcome to the club!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
diane, thanks for the help. can you tell i am new. but hey i think i did a pretty good job on my own. did not even new the search exsited! thks :eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts