Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element EX (FWD)
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT: It's not true. :( I fell for clickbait. Original post below.

I saw a few posts and videos that say Honda is bringing back the E in 2021. Seems pretty similar to the old one (which would be great), with some minor updates, including a 200 HP engine. Is this for real?

These are NOT official announcements from Honda but they seem legit.

Anyone have the real scoop?

Thanks,
John

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
When Honda announces a new Element I will listen, everything else is just the same rumor designed to grab your attention, aka "click bait"! Honda is a massive company with a huge marketing budget, when they launch a new product, they'll let us know.

A 2021 Element is not happening, new models come out in the Fall previous to the model year. This would mean the 2021 Element will be at Honda dealers in the Fall of 2020 or three months from today.

These click bait articles have come out every year since Element production ended. Scotty even says in this "click bait video" at the 1:20 mark that you can hose it out. Why would anyone listen to someone that is already sharing misinformation? This guy get tons of clicks on his videos and most of them are him just ranting and complaining which maybe just what your looking for. If you want actual repair advice, specifically Element related I suggest watching "Eric the Car Guy" instead.

This video along with all the articles are to entice you to "click on them" so them can make ad money.

STOP POSTING these videos and articles, you're encouraging them to continually produce them and they are profiting from it. The Element is not unique in this case either, search for 2021 models of any beloved discontinued Honda...Prelude, s2000, CRX, del sole, Crosstour. It's all the same "click bait" articles written for quick and easy ad money!

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element EX (FWD)
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was certainly not vouching for Scotty Kilmer. :) The guy claims to be a mechanic, and his garage is a chaotic mess that belongs on a Hoarders episode. I was really hopeful about a 2021 Element though.

I guess I learned about a new type of clickbait today.

-John

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,492 Posts
I was certainly not vouching for Scotty Kilmer.
I second that!! A LOT of what comes out of his mouth/videos is suspect, to say the least. :eek: :ROFLMAO:
IF, and that's a BIG if, Honda re-invents the Element, it will be BIG news. Any manufacturer that re-introduces a car dead for 9+ years is BIG news (see Ford Bronco, Land Rover Defender). So, unfortunately, (probably) NOT going to happen......:cry: :confused:

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
1,006 Posts
I second that!! A LOT of what comes out of his mouth/videos is suspect, to say the least. :eek: :ROFLMAO:
IF, and that's a BIG if, Honda re-invents the Element, it will be BIG news. Any manufacturer that re-introduces a car dead for 9+ years is BIG news (see Ford Bronco, Land Rover Defender). So, unfortunately, (probably) NOT going to happen......:cry: :confused:
I agree. There's another Youtube video out there of ol' Scotty babbling on about what a total POS Elements are and why no one should ever buy one because the starter is difficult to replace.

Funny how he changed his tune about Elements on this fantasy 2021 video!

Scotty = Legend in his own mind! :)

·
EOC Rank: Registered
196 Posts
The absence of spy shots or Info of any kind from any of the more popular auto sites is a telling sign.

Not to mention we are half way through the year and Honda hasn't said sheet about it.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Guys? The vehicle they keep using in those hoax messages (and they ARE hoax messages) is the old Honda N which I call the Honda Nugget - designed for and ONLY sold in heavily congested Japan. It's been around since before the Element disappeared and although it bears a resemblance to the Element, it's nearly small enough to fit INSIDE an Element. Basically, it seats four people with enough room left to hold a head of lettuce if carefully packed.
These hoax posters keep dredging the same vehicle up again and again and I don't know why, but there's always someone that falls for it every time.

Me? I prefer the all terrain version but I'm afraid no one ever built that one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Actually, if you'd click on the link I provided, you'd see that it's not the Honda Nugget at all.

Guys? The vehicle they keep using in those hoax messages (and they ARE hoax messages) is the old Honda N which I call the Honda Nugget - designed for and ONLY sold in heavily congested Japan. It's been around since before the Element disappeared and although it bears a resemblance to the Element, it's nearly small enough to fit INSIDE an Element. Basically, it seats four people with enough room left to hold a head of lettuce if carefully packed.
These hoax posters keep dredging the same vehicle up again and again and I don't know why, but there's always someone that falls for it every time. View attachment 204354 View attachment 204355
Me? I prefer the all terrain version but I'm afraid no one ever built that one.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Actually, if you'd click on the link I provided, you'd see that it's not the Honda Nugget at all.
You're right! The link you posted seems to go direct to a hoax site with images of previous models before they were discontinued. The message I was replying to was about the Honda N.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
It seems you're are right but my question to the group is why? Why wouldn't honda give it a try? Are they concerned that it just won't be profitable??
That's been beat to death on this board. Basically, two reasons: The Element competed with Honda's cash cow CR-V. It won't come back because the Element was a fluke that Honda simply doesn't have the skill to reproduce.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I call the Honda Nugget - designed for and ONLY sold in heavily congested Japan. It's been around since before the Element disappeared and although it bears a resemblance to the Element, it's nearly small enough to fit INSIDE an Element. Omegle

1 - 16 of 16 Posts