Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went for my first oil change and mentioned the US TSBs. Dealer says they don't follow them. Any issues I have will be take care of as they appear. They heard nothing for my vehicle. They won't even peek. I will have to fight for everything.

I guess this means they don't get paid to address US TSBs. Anyone have real issues with their Canadian Elements that is covered by a TSB?

Also Honda Owners Link won't work because my VIN has Canadian content.
:x

·
Registered
42 Posts
a) what a pile of bullshit and b) Yep, I've got the rocking seat syndrome, had it for a while. I'm at 24K so just about a couple of weeks away from service. I was going to mention the US TSB, now I think I'll just complain instead.

Service mgrs have this thing where if they didn't hear about it first, it doesn't exist. I bet if I mention the USB and then tell him I've got the same problem, he'll figure I'm in hypochondriac mode.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Call Honda Canada and raise a stink. They intervened between me and my dealer to my satisfaction before.

·
Registered
26 Posts
When I went in for my 8 K service I brought a printout of the US TBS (cracked window) with me and was told the same thing that they weren't aware of it. The service manager then took a photo copy & said he will look into it. Canada does not honor US TBS......
2 days later, they said there is one now issued and they replaced my window..

I suggest bringing a printout of the US TBS so you have something to back up your complaint. My next TBS if for the back seat hinge covers, they keep falling off. Minor fix but it will be interesting to see what they do :wink:

·
Retired.
12,182 Posts
All of the US TSB's apply to canadian vehicles.Ask your dealer to check there I-Drive if there is any question.Im in the parts dept and have seen all the TSB's for myself.

·
Registered
26 Posts
US TBS for back seat hinge covers. There is a TBS for Canadian Elements.. Just had mine done.
2 for 2....

I don't have that extra rocking seat feature yet? But I did notice that it is not listed for Canadian E's. This could be a bit challenging...

·
Registered
26 Posts
[quote:f02945de04="tamer_hanna"]For the Windsheild one. Did you have a crack or did you just go and ask them to change it for it MIGHT be the case?
Thanks[/quote:f02945de04]

I had a small chip that turned into a crack. It went downward into the dash and above the chip it when upwards and curved to the left. My dealer felt that it was the stress of the mounts that caused it to crack so easily and in that pattern. So they replaced it under the TBS.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts