Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Honda Element Owners,

What rear hitch racks do you use? I am looking for a rear hitch rack that allows access to the rear gate without having to unload the bikes. I would prefer full clearance of the rear gate so I can utilize the tailgate- which racks work best for your Element?

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have the 1upUsa
Its the only rack that uses zero plastic parts.. and the cost is about the same for the other high end plastic ones..
Plastic always fails..

·
Registered
‘06 Honda Element EX-P Atomic Blue
23 Posts
I have a hitch-mounted Swagman XC2 if I need it but this is my bike current setup. I remove the front wheel on the big bikes and use bungee cords strapped to the headrests.
Swagman XC2

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Thule T2 Classic is the best fitting rack I've seen for Elements. When the bikes are loaded, you can tilt the rack and the hatch clears. When the bikes are off, the tailgate clears the rack itself. 10/10 almost seems like it was designed on an Element.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the Thule T2 pro and it works great. But I notice when I have the rack down and I have the tailgate down it hits the elbow part of the rack. My buddy has a 1up and that’s a great system also.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not lightweight, or compact or cheap, but I’ve been using a combination Yakima swing away (forget the name) and a Lolo rack for the past 3 years. Really, really, really, really nice set up. The Lolo rack is an excellent way to hold up to 6 bikes , and the swing away makes rear access a snap. Highly recommended. Can open both the hatch and tailgate fully without pivoting the rack which is handy too.
Test

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello Honda Element Owners,

What rear hitch racks do you use? I am looking for a rear hitch rack that allows access to the rear gate without having to unload the bikes. I would prefer full clearance of the rear gate so I can utilize the tailgate- which racks work best for your Element?
I've used all sorts of roof racks and hitch racks and I highly recommend the 1UP racks. .They are industrial looking because they are all aluminum construction and they are built like tanks. And they are super easy to use for just about any bike. Also you can keep adding trays to the rack so you can carry more bikes (six might be the limit). These racks are far superior to Thule and Yakima,

·
Registered
20 Posts
We just got a North Shore rack for our Element.

We sold our 1Up to buy the North Shore. Would have kept it but adding on the extra trays cost more than the North Shore.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts