Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking super great.

What's the deal with the motor mounts? I didn't replace mine when I did the HRG lift, should I have?

Also, what size tires? I haven't seen anyone with BFG KO2 and 3" lift.
Thanks. After the lift I had a mean shimmy in the front end. I found the mounts while searching for suggested solutions to the problem so did them as a precaution along with the lowering kit. Not sure they were necessary but the problem is solved. The tires are 235/70/R16s on the stock wheels.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Thanks. After the lift I had a mean shimmy in the front end. I found the mounts while searching for suggested solutions to the problem so did them as a precaution along with the lowering kit. Not sure they were necessary but the problem is solved. The tires are 235/70/R16s on the stock wheels.
Thanks! I went straight with the subframe spacers along with the lift and haven't had any issues. I won't bother with the motor mounts unless something bad happens.

·
Registered
2005 Honda Element AWD
29 Posts
Dope! I'm looking to do something like this, but worried about lifting 2". After reading many posts, mostly old ones, I've gotten analysis paralysis. Would you mind sending a detailed list of everything you added to your E and maybe approximate cost for it? I have a mechanic that'll help install it, but I'm not 100% sure I know what to get. I need new struts now so I want to do it all at the same time. Thanks!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Dope! I'm looking to do something like this, but worried about lifting 2". After reading many posts, mostly old ones, I've gotten analysis paralysis. Would you mind sending a detailed list of everything you added to your E and maybe approximate cost for it? I have a mechanic that'll help install it, but I'm not 100% sure I know what to get. I need new struts now so I want to do it all at the same time. Thanks!
I just bought and installed this: https://www.hrgengineering.com/product-page/honda-element-3-76mm-lift-kit-with-subframe-spacers

If you want to go 2" only then get this: https://www.hrgengineering.com/product-page/copy-of-honda-element-2-50mm-lift-kit

The kit includes everything you need and instructions. I did it myself. Pretty easy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll have to dig around but yes. I'll get it to you. It was a costly project, but I am very happy with the outcome.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
These are the bits I bought. I also removed the step-side bars which are for sale if anyone's interested.

Lift kit
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-3-Rear-2-Lift-Kit-With-Alignment-l-Honda-Element-2003-2011/174018684276?fits=Model%3AElement%7CMake%3AHonda&hash=item2884526574:g:WDkAAOSwwgpde-pj:sc:USPSPriority!37210!US!-1

HRG Subframe alignment kit
Honda Element 1" (25mm) subframe and alignment kit (AWD only) | hondarescuegarage

Motor mount kit
Search Results for 1AEEK00727 - 1A Auto

Tires
BF Goodrich T/A KO2 235/70 R16

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lift kit
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-3-Rear-2-Lift-Kit-With-Alignment-l-Honda-Element-2003-2011/174018684276?fits=Model%3AElement%7CMake%3AHonda&hash=item2884526574:g:WDkAAOSwwgpde-pj:sc:USPSPriority!37210!US!-1

HRG Subframe alignment kit
1 inch (26mm) Subframe & Alignment Kit for 2003-2001 Honda Element (AWD only) | hondarescuegarage

Motor mount kit
Search Results for 1AEEK00727 - 1A Auto

Tires
BF Goodrich T/A KO2 235/70 R16

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does this kit also help with front axle alignment? I've been holding off on buying a lift for my car because of all the negative feedback from the simpler kits like the CCM. If this kit solves those issues, I'm definitely in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The lift kit itself caused major axle alignment issues. The subframe lowering kit and new stiffer motor mounts solved that problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry, I should have phrased my question differently. Does the subframe spacer kit correct the axle angle in the front as well as the rear? IE, are there spacers for the front subframe also or just the rear?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts