Honda Element Owners Club banner

101 - 120 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
It looks like Ford's new model named "Flex" is bigger version of element. What do you think?
I would not consider anything is bigger or smaller version of Element, unless backseats can be removed to create huge flat cargo space.
For me, Element's capability to transform from 4 seats passenger car to a 2 seat flat bed cargo van, set itself apart from other boxy car.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
I am just curious who the initial designer for honda element architecture/shape is?

If you are interested, I have a 45MB PowerPoint presentation that shows how the Element was taken from concept to production. :D If you have an online data store, contact me by PM with the address and I'll upload it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
It looks like Ford's new model named "Flex" is bigger version of element. What do you think?
I think it looks like a cross between an Explorer and a full-size 1970's vintage stationwagon.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If you are interested, I have a 45MB PowerPoint presentation that shows how the Element was taken from concept to production. :D If you have an online data store, contact me by PM with the address and I'll upload it.
I am very interested. I don't have online data store.

I make words below a little bigger, and hopefully draw the owner of this forum attention:

If you could share your file in this thread, and the owner of this forum could allow you to upload your file in. This will be great for everyone.
Thank you.

·
Registered
357 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Pdf?

Hey, I'd really like to see that presentation of Psschmeid's. Can you print it from Powerpoint to a low-rez PDF file, perhaps as 6-to-a-page hand-outs? That might fit in the attachment limits. Maybe need installments...that's okay, we can be patient.

The glimpse Psschmeid (I don't get that name) gives us is a teaser, you can almost tell who did what. I'd love to know what the design brief was, and how they kept or compromised their initial concepts as they moved to final production. Sounds like a potential reality-TV show!

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts
Here's a low-res PDF for ya. Not pretty, but "only" 7.4MB.

We're lucky the Element turned out as well as it did. The kids liked some pretty goofy-looking concepts.

"Customers are not willing to trade image/design for functionality. If it is remotely associated with a minivan or family vehicle concept, it will fail."
This is why I just hate people sometimes. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Thank you Honda, for making a practical, functional vehicle instead of a pretty poser.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Here's a low-res PDF for ya. Not pretty, but "only" 7.4MB.
Thanks ramblerdan. Did anyone else notice the tire size they showed for the "final" model (slide 53)?

·
Registered
2,727 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Wow, good service Ramblerdan, thanks!

Pretty sure I've seen bits of that somewhere, but it is interesting to see the whole progression. I do wish that open-roof rear end had made the final cut...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Something that I kinda found interesting was in one of the SOP pictures it shows a lower grill guard. hmmm.... I am astonished as to why they didn't carry it over into production for the Element.:confused:

101 - 120 of 143 Posts