Honda Element Owners Club banner

121 - 140 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
cool history! I'm glad they passed on the retractable rear window. On my Blazer it was only useful from April to Oct, a little winter rime ice and the skis had to be wrestled back out the front doors. The longer tailgate would have been sweet for loading a canoe though.

·
Registered
344 Posts
This is a really cool design.

If someone can arrange a way to get the full PP to me, I'll put it onto a website because even this little version is really pretty interesting to read.

Try emailing it to [email protected] and we can see if it works out...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Concept car

The renderings look great but not easily accomplished, especially at a moderate cost.

The sliding roof would be very practical for the user, however, very difficult to design for longevity, as far as being water tight. It would be very different than a sun or moon roof since it would not be against two solid surfaces.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I wish they would have left that open foot space under the dash like a truck. That is my one complaint about the Element, my knees brush against the center console where the subwoofer is housed.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I hope Honda takes some of the ideas they weren't able to have in the first gen E's into the second generation...particularly the flip-open GPS/NAV system along with the retractable roof in the back!

·
Registered
98 Posts
They should revisit the concept for the 2011!

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
many thanks for posting the vid!
sure wish we had that sliding roof 8)

two things:

1. honda started the 'hose down' the interior thing. brilliant.
2. why didn't we get a bloody nav system right out the gate :x

still lots of fun. cheers!

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Cool video, thanks for posting. I really liked those sliding rear seats, if only my Element had that feature it would be perfect for me.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Great video that shows how Honda botched the Model X/ Element.

Instead of getting the California design/development team do it, Honda started by having a person who is clearly not in the target demographic explain the concept.

"We have no clue who our customers are, or what they think, but we know how to give them, what we think they should want." Honda defacto(ry) motto

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa omg stupid cool should have left it like that or closer to it hmmmm maby if i get a lil bit richer i will fallow some of those mods

121 - 140 of 143 Posts