Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 728 Posts

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Boooo... I'll just have to keep mine going until I can afford a Land Rover LR_. I need a vehicle with over 40" of rear entry space/clearance for work and I am not about to drive a van like all my co-workers. LR3/LR4 are the only other real option but with twice the sticker price and a fraction of the reliability, it's not much of an option. *sigh*

·
Registered
2,817 Posts

·
Moderator Eh?
12,102 Posts
Does it really come as a surprise?

It is currently being outsold 2 to 1 by the Crosstour....A vehicle i feel is the ugliest modern era Honda ever built.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Good Example

But they chose an excellent example to show with the article..... a Root Beer Metallic SC!!!! 8)

·
Registered
2,390 Posts

·
Moderator Eh?
12,102 Posts
....whoever didn't see that one coming musta been living under a rock for a while!!!

With the dropping of the SC-model and the no longer available navi option, -- whata ya think is next...????

Maybe they will replace it with something even cooler and this time market it correctly!!

I still want one of these.....

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:2007_Honda_Crossroad_01.JPG

I still have the option of waiting for it to meet Canadas 15 year exemption rule for Japanese imports.

·
Registered
95 Posts
back to used cars

I guess that when it's finally time to replace my '08, I'll have to buy a used.

I bought the element because it was the only 4cyl vehicle on the market that met my needs and didn't have carpet. Jeeps (the real ones) were to small and too unreliable.

Now there will be no car on the market that meets my needs/criteria. In all matters of consumer goods, I'm usually left out. So, why not cars too?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Boo Hoo!

Not totally surprised-never any news from Honda about the next generation Element. Oh well! I was planning on keeping my TRP-E for a long time, anyway. Something really special will have to come along before I'll replace it!

·
Moderator Eh?
12,102 Posts
I bought my first E back in 2003 as an impulse buy. When it came time buy my 2006 i was on the fence between another E and a CRV.

I am currently driving a 2011 CRV and my wife drives the E. If and when the time comes to replace the E it was most likely be with a CRV.

·
Registered
617 Posts

·
93 Posts
Honda Element To Cease Production [AutoGuide Exclusive]

Autoguide has learned that Honda will announce on Friday that production of their Element compact SUV will cease. No official reasons were given, but one can suspect that slow sales of the vehicle, combined with strong sales of the Honda CR-V, led to the decision.

Stay tuned for more as we await official word from Honda on the fate of the Element.

More: Honda Element To Cease Production [AutoGuide Exclusive] on AutoGuide.com

·
Moderator Eh?
12,102 Posts
Official Word From Honda

12/03/2010 - TORRANCE, Calif.
The 2011 Honda Element will be the final model year of production of the innovative and functional crossover utility vehicle, American Honda Motor Co., Inc., announced today. First introduced in concept form as the Honda Model X at the 2001 North American International Auto Show, the Element virtually created its own functional class and became an immediate favorite for small businesses, outdoor enthusiasts and pet owners. After a long life cycle, utility-seeking customers have more recently embraced other vehicles in the Honda lineup like the versatile and comfortable CR-V.
"The Element proved that ultimate functionality can often come from thinking inside the box," said John Mendel, executive vice president of American Honda. "It made boxy vehicle designs cool, and Element owners continue to enjoy its unique styling and unmatched versatility."
Developed from the inside-out, the Honda Element entered new territory when it debuted during the 2003 model year by providing a multi-functional cargo area, innovative and versatile seating, a durable and dirt-friendly interior, energetic performance and outstanding value. Major upgrades were made through the years including more power and safety features in the 2007 model year. More recently, the Element embraced its long-held position as a pet-friendly vehicle by introducing the Dog Friendly Element accessory package in 2009.
More than 325,000 Elements have been sold in the United States since its introduction in December 2002.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
....whoever didn't see that one coming musta been living under a rock for a while!!!

With the dropping of the SC-model and the no longer available navi option, -- whata ya think is next...????

Maybe they will replace it with something even cooler and this time market it correctly!!
i wasnt aware they dropped the SC and NAVI
i have a 2007 i want to last a few more years then grab a 2010 with dog package

i always held out hope they would make a serious camping package with a real tent etc

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
Sad, but not surprised. Honda's marketing consultants repeatedly missed the mark. Only on the last great push did they get close to the understanding that the E "restored the UTILITY in SUV."

Also, while I understand the need to do backflips trying to not tip their hand so as to not condemn standing inventory, I sort of don't appreciate the outright lies coming from Honda promising a second-gen Element.

Question now is: will I buy another Honda? Probably not. I've bought (and sold) two Civics since the E, sold primarily because I was underwhelmed by their blandness and that I really wasn't interested in driving them - they were Point A to Point B appliances for ferrying people as long as they didn't have stuff to haul. Life's too short to drive sedans, or SUVs or half-a-trucks (Ridgeline) with sedan trappings. So the bottom line is that Honda no longer has anything I'm interested in, which is a shame.

1 - 20 of 728 Posts