Honda Element Owners Club banner

701 - 720 of 728 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,057 Posts
I'm sure this is mentioned earlier in the thread or somewhere else but I'll post this fun question; what would you add to the 2018 redesign if it ever happened?
AWD bypass switch.
comically small 3rd seat in the back (to legalize my very occasional shame)
Tuned engine option. (TSX level power)
Pillarless suicide doors that can be opened independently.
Auto tinting panoramic moon roof =P (why not)
Hatch mounted spare (because some of us upsized our tires).
An oil filter that doesn't drain into the frame without a special tool.
Back windows that can be opened back (like now) or down (for camping to keep rain out)
Blindspot alarms (don't know why this isn't required by law yet)
Wide angle back up cam (I've broken so many damn tail lights in parking garages)
2nd on extra storage stashes.

·
Registered
445 Posts
A Smart is half the size of a VW Mk 1 Rabbit, and gets far fewer miles per gallon (legit 50mpg diesel.) And Rabbits were fun and good looking.
In a a recent test of a Smart car by Carand Driver, the car only got 27MPG using the recommended premium fuel! LOL

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
AWD bypass switch.
comically small 3rd seat in the back (to legalize my very occasional shame)
Tuned engine option. (TSX level power)
Pillarless suicide doors that can be opened independently.
Auto tinting panoramic moon roof =P (why not)
Hatch mounted spare (because some of us upsized our tires).
An oil filter that doesn't drain into the frame without a special tool.
Back windows that can be opened back (like now) or down (for camping to keep rain out)
Blindspot alarms (don't know why this isn't required by law yet)
Wide angle back up cam (I've broken so many damn tail lights in parking garages)
2nd on extra storage stashes.
Aside from the pillarless suicide doors (You'll NEVER find those on a modern production vehicle - impact resistance/cost) then you're practically describing Toyota's "U-Squared" concept.

·
Premium Member
1,057 Posts
I don't know. That concept looks like a Toyota version of a transit (not that I mind that) and doesn't tick many of the benefits my element provides (great camping vehicle. Great mix between interstate mileage and fire road use. Soooo easy to park.)

I just want 40 more lbs tq, one more gear (Auto or manual, who cares) and a place to put a full up-sized spare (or the ability to not need one.)

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Here's an update on the TJ Cruiser, looks like they got rid of all the fluffy concept stuff and the rest is very near production.

https://jalopnik.com/the-toyota-tj-cruiser-concept-is-here-for-a-brutal-and-1819210844
There's nothing in the article to even suggest it's going in to production yet. When they give a concept vehicle a name like that, it usually means that there aren't any plans yet. If it changes to a letter-number name, THEN expect to see it soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here's an update on the TJ Cruiser, looks like they got rid of all the fluffy concept stuff and the rest is very near production.

https://jalopnik.com/the-toyota-tj-cruiser-concept-is-here-for-a-brutal-and-1819210844
It's that slant of that hood that throws people off. Sort of gives it that VW Thing appeal. I wouldn't mind it. I like the element because it gets way better gas mileage than my 06 Highlander. Which somehow is getting around 15 mpg right now. it's a V6 so meh.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
It's that slant of that hood that throws people off. Sort of gives it that VW Thing appeal. I wouldn't mind it. I like the element because it gets way better gas mileage than my 06 Highlander. Which somehow is getting around 15 mpg right now. it's a V6 so meh.
I think all it needs is a different front and a grill on the hood to look like a Hummer-4.

Don't feel bad. Our Pilot was a V-6 and it couldn't do any better than 15mpg on the highway. Usually ran around 12 in town which was exactly the same as the V-8 Suburban it replaced to save gas. (SHEESH!) The thing was a lemon all the way around.

·
Registered
206 Posts
if one already has a boat that's kept in dry storage, a plane that fits well in the hangar and a musical instrument that's never played, it might make sense to add a vehicle that's easy to park, such as a Smart car.
A Smart car makes sense if you live in a city, are commuting/driving within the city, and never exceed 30 mph. (Everyone in that context should probably own or share one.)

I would never regularly drive something like that on freeways. And I used to own motorcycles.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm sure this is mentioned earlier in the thread or somewhere else but I'll post this fun question; what would you add to the 2018 redesign if it ever happened?

I would add more legroom for the driver, reposition the driver's side window so you could comfortably rest your arm on the open window, add a button in the rear to open the rear hatch hatch, make the skylight universal (or an easy option on all models), make the front passenger seat easier to remove, provide a custom bed option for the interior when the rear seats are out, provide a better tent option, provide an awning option for when the suicide doors are open, provide an auxiliary battery option for powering camping appliances and electric blankets, better fridge option, overdrive on all transmissions, make the skylight retractable, provide a mosquito net option for the skylight.

·
Registered
58 Posts
2019 Element the return of this little beauty

Is this true?

Is Honda going to reintroduce the Element?

I was on the internet and for some reason this seemingly real information popped up.

I followed the trail but couldn't get a clear answer as to will it won't it

Since this is THE PALCE to get the real story I've come here to ask.

Is Honda Going To Reintroduce The Element?

Let me know?

Thanks!

Gary

·
Moderator Eh?
12,102 Posts
Is this true?

I was on the internet and for some reason this seemingly real information popped up.

Let me know?

Thanks!

Gary
Two words.

No.

The Element is dead.

All the sites reporting it coming back are just click bait.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Is this true?

Let me know?

Thanks!

Gary
Everytime I receive an Email from my Honda Dealer, or correspondence via USPS asking to buy our Elements. ( Almost every month ) I respond by stating: Appreciate the offer as we have two Elements and love them both. Until such time Honda decides to go back and manufacture the Element, we will not be trading. ;-)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Everytime I receive an Email from my Honda Dealer, or correspondence via USPS asking to buy our Elements. ( Almost every month ) I respond by stating: Appreciate the offer as we have two Elements and love them both. Until such time Honda decides to go back and manufacture the Element, we will not be trading. ;-)
I recently had the transmission in my 03 rebuilt. AAMCO did the work because my dealer quoted me a cost of $5K to do it. I think they are crooks, but that's another story.

Not long after I got that quote, they contacted me asking if I'd like to trade it in.

So my guess is they are using every tactic in the book to try and grab E's for resale.

·
Registered
30 Posts
ya, it stinks that there aren't many true sport UTILITY vehicles being offered out there...at a reasonable price as well. No companies are willing to go out on a limb and create something different. Seems like all mid-sized "SUV"s are just full of electronic gismos, TV screens, automatic everything, cramped interiors with the same seat/doors movements and sleek styling that makes them look like a taller car or a shorter mini-van :| No suicide doors, tailgates to sit on, open and roomy/tall interior, flat floors, etc...SIGH... Just adding my 2 cents to the wishful thinking that the Element (or something similar) would return!

Hmm, if you could design/build your own car or have one in production that was perfect for you, what would it be like?? Mine would be an element body that was a little bit bigger overall(just to fit plywood and stuff in a little easier), a better 4 wheel drive system(maybe like a subaru drivetrain) and standard transmission...all for less than $20K :grin: Did i miss anything?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hmm, if you could design/build your own car or have one in production that was perfect for you, what would it be like?? Mine would be an element body that was a little bit bigger overall(just to fit plywood and stuff in a little easier), a better 4 wheel drive system(maybe like a subaru drivetrain) and standard transmission...all for less than $20K :grin: Did i miss anything?
Now there's an idea, stretch and widen the Element body and drop it on a full frame 4x4. I was looking at the FJ Cruisers then they discontinued them. Now I'm waiting to see what the new Broncos are going to look like.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was curious about the FJ Cruiser as well when it first came out, but after i got a chance to look inside and sit in it...no way! way to small and cramped on the inside. :/ Yes, it will be interesting to see the new Bronco...not holding my breath though....

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would add more legroom for the driver, reposition the driver's side window so you could comfortably rest your arm on the open window, add a button in the rear to open the rear hatch hatch, make the skylight universal (or an easy option on all models), make the front passenger seat easier to remove, provide a custom bed option for the interior when the rear seats are out, provide a better tent option, provide an awning option for when the suicide doors are open, provide an auxiliary battery option for powering camping appliances and electric blankets, better fridge option, overdrive on all transmissions, make the skylight retractable, provide a mosquito net option for the skylight.
AND a lock/unlock button on the passenger side door! :-D

701 - 720 of 728 Posts