Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you do not keep up with F1 you may not know this but sadly Honda has just announced it's retirement from F1 and will be selling the team. They have until the end of the month to find a buyer or they will be history.

Because of this recent news a group on Facebook has just formed to try and get enough people to join the cause to save The Honda F1 Team and purchase them. I know it's a long shot but it would be a historical moment for an F1 team such as Honda to become a fan/spectator owned team.

Joining the group will not cost any money unless there is enough support to make it happen. So come on, show your support for Honda and join the cause. If it happens you will only be expected to pay 10-20 euros maybe more if you want a bigger stake.

You will also be able to impress your friends by telling them you own part of Honda F1 Racing.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
This is a great idea . . . I'm in on behalf of my father-in-law who is a Honda racing nut :D

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just look up the group on Facebook and join, then tell all your friends! Maybe if enough EOCers join we can get our logo stuck on the car somewhere!:D

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
F1 and Football are the world's most followed sports and if they can do it Barcelona for football then maybe the world has a chance at F1.

Heck I would throw down a couple hundred on that chance.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
They haven't won since the 2006 Hungarian Grand Prix IIRC so it's no big loss, kinda like selling the Detroit Lions.
Disbanding the F1 team will save Honda over 500 million next year that they can devote to better endeavors like the 2010 Element redesign.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
:lol: As if Honda would put any money into r&d of the 2010 E . . . :rolleyes: :-(

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
my wife and i were very sad to hear the news.
clearly the team was blind-sided as they have been working very hard to make '09 car competitive.
ross brawn even said the car would have been a front runner.
they will be missed.
we eagerly await their return and will wear our HondaF1 gear with pride!!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Honda should have an Element ralley team.:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts