Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not a sound expert and i was wondering if the 8 disc Honda CD changer is decent? I read that it only reads the CD at 8X and i think that's pretty slow. What is considered decent these days, 12X, 16X, 24X, 32X, etc.

Any manufacture that someone can suggest and their prices would be appreciated :D

Thanks

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm very happy with the changer. It is faster and has had less glitches than the Alpine units I've had in previous Accords and BMW's. This is just my opinion, but I don't think oversampling is the best measure of sound quality, especially in car audio. What good is 500x if it skips a lot or doesn't like CDRs? The optional changer is made by Panasonic (CX-DP880), you can get an overview of it here: http://www.panasonic.com/consumer_electronics/caraudio/cdchangers.asp

Peace,

-jdef

·
Registered
15 Posts
The srp is 179.99. i wonder if you could order the cables and install this puppy yourself and be out the door for less than 250?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I would think so, but you might also need some mounting hardware... Check out the install info on the HandA website.

Peace,
-jdef

1 - 4 of 4 Posts