Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man those surfer commercials are embarrasing.
Honda America must figure they cater to us old farts, and by the look
of this site, I guess they might be right!

But! check out what Honda is putting out for the Japanese market,
and maybe elsewhere.

It reaffirms my faith in Honda!

http://element.yahoo.co.jp/element/

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wow. What great ads. Thanks for the link. Too bad they aren't playing in the US.

I finally figured out how to make the separate Element footage on the honda.jp.co site assemble into a video montage... that was awesome, too. It looks like they may have used some of those clips in these new ads.

·
EOC Founder, Admin
2,897 Posts
They just ran an ad on TV here last night that revolved around them adding a cat to the dealership along with all the "customer friendly" features and how it's so nice now that the cat won't leave. Somehow this doesn't jive with the target market for the Element, that's for sure.

Reminder to Honda....
Please contact me for my input and suggestions. I have lots of ideas! ;)

Carry on....

·
Registered
27 Posts
[quote:b6d4571e53="Takerhybrid"]My computer wont play the element commershil (sic) what is it about?[/quote:b6d4571e53]

It's the ad campaign for the Element in Japan. There are 5 videos. The opening one lists the Elements: Earth, Air, Fire, and Water. The other 4 have one physical element each, with a SOP element. For example, Earth, in part, is shots of the desert with an SOP making an appearance and Fire is nighttime city lights.

My description does not do the ads justice... they are very good, and the music creates a good atmosphere. About 180 degrees in terms of mood/feel from the ads that are running in the US; they make the Element appear to be a very up-scale car (which, as well all know, is exactly what it is...).

·
Registered
540 Posts
Taker:

TOTALLY COOL COMMERCIALS. :D :!: :wink:

I watched each twice because they really are visual feasts. The music added a lot to the overall feel. They absolutely do the Element justice.

These are probably far too sophisticated to be American broadcast commercials.........or maybe people would sit up and notice because they're so pretty, so appealling and not blathering at you like so many car commercials.

WOW.

I have yet to see one Element commercial on the TV. I'm sure I'd think the Surfer Dude commercials were dumb. And what the heck is this with the cat? :shock: :roll:

I watch very little TV in the summer, and mostly on SciFi and TNT channels, because I'm watching Stargate SG-1, X-Files, and Law & Order.

What shows have you guys been watching to see Element commercials?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I seem them on the Sci-Fi channel - usually during a movie. Often on sports channels 'cause I watch the Cubs.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I think these commercials on the Japanese website could work in the US. Volkswagen has the similar commercials with their Jetta TDI and Golf TDI with the mood music in the background.

·
Registered
76 Posts
luscious,
the only place i've seen an ad is on tnn during star trek the next generation between 8-9 edt m-f.

just watched the one's from the link. those are so freakin' cool i want to go by ANOTHER element.

·
Registered
351 Posts
While the surfer dude ads are stupid and goofy, the first "E" ad I saw hooked me.

I was watching Cartoon Network that I taped earlier("Cowboy Bebop", if you must know) and something caught my eye. It was the ad which starts with a shot of a nice mountain scene, and the camera pulls back through the "E" with all 4 doors open. I want back and watched it a few times, and went straight to the internet for more info. Six months later I'm driving one.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Those are AWESOME commercials. Way better than any commercial with idiot surfers that jumped off a rock so much that they forgot what happened. That first commercial "Elements" would be an awesome intro commercial during superbowl or monday night football or something.

·
Registered
23 Posts
These are the coolest ads I've seen for any car in a long long time. Maybe we could do an email writing, or better, a letter writing campaign to Honda to get them to play the commercials here.

What do you think? Also, what is your favorite "element" ad--fire, water, earth, air? Too, too cool!

[/quote]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts