Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

I told my Honda dealer (cincinnati)about my issue a couple of weeks ago and they did not do much other than telling me to wait until windshield companies start caring them, or I pay honda 500+ to have it replaced.

on March 17th I got a call from my dealer suggesting a memo came across their desk stating that the "Service Dept" is looking at all windshild cracks on a case by case senerio. (Looking for stress cracks). So I did go in.... They were looking for any "impact" area of a stone. They did find a 1/16 of an inch area... in the lower side near the edge of the windshied. Which disqualified me... :cry: (I assume at least for right now). My sales person suggested that we all write honda... regarding this issue b/c it still could be a fault in the glass making (i personally think it is). Stones hit my other hondas pretty hard and I have not had it crack them like this small pebble did! Until then I am waiting for the glass companies to catch up!

So, I am asking everyone to sit down an write a 10 minute letter expressing your concern about the windshilds! :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
This is not a new problem with just the Element. I have a 2002 4dr Civic and it is now overdue for its 3rd windshield. The original was replaced within the first 60 days of purchasing the car by Honda because of a stress crack. Within another 2 months the new windshield developed a crack and nothing had hit the windshield at all. The dealer determined that this crack was not a stress crack because it did not start near the corner of the windsield but about 2 inches up, even though the crack started under the moulding at the very edge of the glass. Since then the windshield has been hit twice more by very tiny pebbles and has one crack running from the lower right corner of the windshield all the way to the upper left corner and two others over 3 inches in length each. This car is used only for commuting in the Toronto area and has never been driven off pavement.
I have ordered an Element, and if Honda is still using the same glass manufacturer I expect that the windshield on it will be just as bad as the Civic's.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Well these guys better start cracking because there are alot of posts of people that are outside the recall still gettting cracks including ME! :evil:

·
Registered
247 Posts
When I brought my cracked E in to the dealer, he said he was seeing that (cracked windshields) in a lot of '02 Civics too. :shock:

·
Registered
359 Posts
I heard that also. What's up with that? Honda makes reliable cars but come on.

This rEaLlY sux. :evil:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts