Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished taking a survey from Honda on their "Dog friendly" package. I know we've discussed the concept vehicle plenty, just didn't know if anyone else was getting the survey too.

The Dog Friendly™ Accessory Package includes:

* Rear car kennel
* Kennel organizer
* Pet bed
* Stowable ramp
* Dog pattern 2nd row seat covers
* All-season "dog bone" rubber floor mats
* Electric fan
* Spill resistant water bowl
* Vehicle badges
* Bag dispenser
* Leash
* Collar
* Dog tag
* Tote bag

Then they asked if the installed price of $1100 was appealing. Yikes. Luckily, they also asked what I'd be willing to pay for the whole thing, and also what items in the package were most appealing to me.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have not seen one. Did it come via the post office or an email?

Did they say install in a new vehicle or available for an existing one?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Came via email.

They didn't say either way about it being in a new vehicle or in an existing one, but the way it was worded sure made it sound like they may offer this to all element owners. They do ask "based on the contents of the above package, how interested would you be in purchasing this package. Especially considering the fact that I just bought a new Element.

The only real variance between models/years that would be in play here would be the shape of the floor mats right (would be easy to make one that fit all)? Is the cargo area behind the rear seats the same on all models? (I want to think it is).

·
Registered
65 Posts
Dog owner's accessory kit survey

A friend who bought a 2009 E a couple of months ago reports that she just got a survey from Honda about the dog owner's accessory kit, asking about interest in buying it, etc. She says they are giving an install price of about $1,100.

I'd have to know exactly what I'm getting for $1,100 before I decide!

But it does seem like Honda is finally catching on that they have the best dog car on the planet. =)

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I told'em the vehicle specific equipment such as the fan, etc are the most appealing portions of the package.

Good to see the activity though.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I got the survey. Maybe if we all answer the "how much would you pay for this package" with a low number, it'll be reasonable enough to purchase. I like the idea of a storable ramp as eventually all our dogs will get older.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I didn't get the survey, but to note. Two of my dogs go on a daily ride in the Element for Post office and errand runs.

* Dog pattern 2nd row seat covers
* All-season "dog bone" rubber floor mats
* Electric fan
* Spill resistant water bowl
* Vehicle badges
* Bag dispenser

Those are the items that interest me. I can't imagine ever using that ramp. By the time I could remove and install the ramp, my dogs would already have jumped out and be down the street. Kennel is cool, but my dogs like the rear seats folded flat making a large bed.

·
Registered
177 Posts
With three dogs over 80 pounds all whom will grow old at the same time (poor planning,lol) a ramp would be the only feature I'd use. if I need a fan, it's too hot for them to be in the car, period.

The rest of it is just fluff, IMO, over priced fluff at that. If I had one dog the carrier would be nice, and that would run me a few hundred anyhow.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
I'd say you can get the equivalents of all that Honda add-on stuff from Petco/Autozone/Ace Hardware for around $400 tops. $1,100....no thank you.

·
Registered
106 Posts
My dogs have an E, but they didn't get the survey!

Cardigan Corgi (with the tail) 45# age 2
Long Haired German Shepherd dog 90# age 11 mo.

They have a driver 175# age 64
They have a co-pilot (female so size/wt not relevent)

Removed 2 passenger seats.
I used a 10 bar adjustable floor to ceiling divider about 20" behind the front seats. Modified a EX pen for the sides. Shaped to fit the roof to floor contour.

A plastic bowl that hooks on to the ex pen. It's fairly deep so splash out while drinking is minimal.
No ramp, although I do have one at home. Judicious parking to allow tailgate to overhang curb allows step out for the dogs.

The dogs seem to approve as they DEMAND a ride each morning to the Forest Preserve for Search & Rescue training.

As for extra equipment.
I purchased a SC center console from eBay and installed same.
Installed 12v port in grey space to left of glove box.
Installed 12v port in 'coin shelf'
These needed for neat GPS, WiFi Computer and 2 cell phones.
Roof rack for Yakima storage pod
Side steps so I can reach the storage pod
Trailer Hitch, just in case we need small S&R trailer.
As we carry food, emergency first aid, home water. foul weather gear.

Thinking of tinting rear hatch glass. Occasional driver pulls up tight at a light and panics when they see the size of dog (re: teeth) staring out at them.

Still have a few more things to do, I'll do a photo show when I finish.

Bottom Line. The dogs approve! 21K plus, so the dogs are comfortable.
Only in America!

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Here's a good dog crate fan . . . Ryobi P3300 . . . Home Depot . . . . $ 29.95

Portable, 18vdc, rechargeable. :)

We use these all the time when the dogs are in the crates in or out of the car. They run for 5-6 hours on a single charge (I use the lithium ion batteries) I keep 3 batteries going in a rotation, at least one is always charged.

:arrow: http://www.ryobitools.com/catalog/18v_oneplus/specialty_tools/P3300

·
Registered
42 Posts
No dogs in trunk please.

It's nice of Honda to make a pet friendly Element.
But I think it's a very bad idea to keep them in the trunk.

The trunk area of the E is a crush zone and it's meant to absorb impact in case of an accident. I would never put our precious dog back there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got the survey. Maybe if we all answer the "how much would you pay for this package" with a low number, it'll be reasonable enough to purchase. I like the idea of a storable ramp as eventually all our dogs will get older.
I bought the package on Amazon for less than half from a certified Honda dealer!!! Win!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts