Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that Honda has recalled the brakes on 2007 and 2008 Elements, I wonder if Honda of Decatur will tell me the problem is "in my head". We sold out Element at a loss of almost $4000 because my wife was scared to drive it.
I have the TSB and all of the documentation to show our numerous attempts to have our E fixed and how HOD and the Honda regional rep from Atlanta blew us off. I am consulting an attorney tomorrow about this matter.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Now that Honda has recalled the brakes on 2007 and 2008 Elements, I wonder if Honda of Decatur will tell me the problem is "in my head". We sold out Element at a loss of almost $4000 because my wife was scared to drive it.
I have the TSB and all of the documentation to show our numerous attempts to have our E fixed and how HOD and the Honda regional rep from Atlanta blew us off. I am consulting an attorney tomorrow about this matter.
If you have all the docs, you might be better off not bothering with the dealership. I would go directly to Honda of America and let them deal with the issue, the regional rep and the dealership. I think it's good you are seeking legal counsel as well.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As I have stated before, the Element is one hell of a nice little SUV, we just had bad luck of the draw in buying one of the few 08's that had some major problems. I'd buy a new 2010 Element without hesitation. No problems with the sales staff, but the service dept is another matter!

BTW, we replaced our 2009 RAV4 with a new 2010 Subaru Forester a few months ago. Alyson fell in love with that huge moonroof in the Forester and I love the way the AWD handles. It's no 911, but it drives very well for an SUV.

After owning an 08 Element, an 09 RAV4, and a 10 Forester, I feel that the interior of the Element is the best designed of any SUV. Also, the quality of the interior of the Element is a little better than the Forester and way better than the RAV4. Every time I sat down in the RAV4, I was scared the seat cover was going to rip at the seams. Very thin material.

·
Registered
662 Posts
It must be an Alabama service dept concept to blow off complaints. We took our E to the Florence, Al Honda service dept when the E was 6 mos old because the check engine light was on. They called, the next day, and said it was ready, so we went to pick it up. She, the service writer, said it wasn't any kind of big deal, but was unfixable and to just ignore the check engine light. I invited her to guess how long it took me to train my wife not to drive a car with the check engine light glowing up the cabin and how might I be aware if something serious set off the light since it was already burning.

After a brief discussion about her and the dealership's abilities, we took it to another dealer and promptly got the issue corrected.

It's a shame you were forced to give up your E because someone wouldn't take the time to fix it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
It must be an Alabama service dept concept to blow off complaints. We took our E to the Florence, Al Honda service dept.......
Honda of Decatur, Florence & Jerry Damson in Huntsville are all the same company. Precision Honda in Jasper is a different bunch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts