Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took our '08 Element in to the local Honda dealer here in Ocala FL. for some problems we are having. We left the car over night as it make a funny noise on a cold idle. Sounds like the valves are tapping pretty loud. 2nd was the clunking sound coming from the rear dr. suspension when going down rough roads. 3rd is the clicking sound coming from what seems to be the charcoal cansiter under the car in the rear dr. side. We went to pick the car up today and as usual, they said they couldn't find anything worng. These people are complete idiots! I took the guy for a spin and he thinks its the rear dr. door making the noise, as far as the clicking noise coming from the charcoal canister, they say it is normal. I really dont think so as it is VERY noticable. Then the guy said that he can't hear the noise coming from the engine. I am looking to get this stuff fixed and wondering if anyone else has had these problems. Any help would be great as I am going back tomorrow to chew them out. TIA.

EDIT: Car just hit 19K miles.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
A : fill out you profile, it helps others know what you/they are dealing with trying to help diagnose a problem

B : take you truck to Jon Hall Honda in daytona beach talk to Theresa in service and that you want Trevor to look at your truck. he is the best guy there and a personal friend.

Everyone at Jon Hall is great, even my sales guy Don Clark and i dont normally get along with sales people of any kind :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What profile? I stated its a 08' Ex. Daytona is a good drive from Ocala. I wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue before and what was to to fix it. Thanks

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
In my experience, you can make yourself a world of difference by finding your way to a good service establishment. It would be nice if all the service departments were equally good but there is a huge disparity in quality in the real world. Sounds like these guys have shown you what they are and aren't capable of for support...having po'd techs take a look after you tear them a new one doesn't sound like it would make it a lot better.

Get to a good well run Honda service operation while depending on Honda to support your vehicle under warranty.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, my main concern is the charcoal canister making a ticking noise. They said it is normal. I am going to tell them I want to hear it on a '09. If not, they need to replace it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
through experience, the charcoal canister making a ticking noise is rather normal... there is a pump that works in conjunction with it.

when customers have concerns regarding ticking noises from purge valves, or canister pumps, we tell them its normal to have a ticking noise. some then understand that if they dont hear the noise, then it is "NOT" normal.

Customers still sometimes wanted the part replaced, and i have advised them, that if the noise is still present, then the money is wasted... or that is the way the system operates.

But causing a big STINK will not help the problem..... perhaps driving to Daytona may be your only resort, if your dealership doesnt want to deal with your bad attitude. especially if thats the way the system works!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Didn't have an attitude when I was at the dealership, they are just complete morons when it comes to things like this. I had an issuse with the rear disc being warped. When I took it to them, they said noting was wrong and said it was the tires. After getting one of the techs to ride in the back, he finally agreed with me that they were infact warped. They took care of that problem but it seems that I have to hold there hands and show them what is wrong with the car.:-(

·
Registered
07 2wd 5-speedauto
1,823 Posts
Look at this concerning the evap canister. Perfectly normal.

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47620&highlight=07lmnt

As for cold engine noise, yea the K24 is loud. Almost sounds like a diesel, also perfectly normal. It's due to timing chain versus belt, short skirt pistons and solid lifters. Once all warmed up to operating temp it should be quiet as a church mouse and ready to run 250K miles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts