Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw a post from another E forum that Honda now has a 4 oz. "Plastic Panel Spray" to "coat" E panels and remove scratches!

Anyone heard of this? Tried it? I'm going to call my Honda dealer... will post results if I find any more information.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I was at the dealer today and their parts department had no idea of what I was talking about referring to this product (?).

·
Registered
125 Posts
From all of these posts saying that people's dealers don't know anything about what Honda is doing, it's easy to come to the conclusion that Honda has a communication problem between the head office and the dealers.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think those of us that follow these E forums likely know more about new E products, recalls, upgrades and other E things then the dealer who has other products to worry about. I'm trying to locate a PN for the spray now, I've found that the uninformed parts counter person usually can order things they don't know about with a honda pn.

I'll post it once i find one... anyone tried to get the CRV new front brake clips put on their E yet, eliminates the "click" you get every time you reverse direction and then hit the brakes?

·
Registered
89 Posts
[quote:fb5e046bde="babauer"]Pro Honda Spray Cleaner and Polish 08C25-P011M.[/quote:fb5e046bde]

If this is a black aerosol can with pink writing, it is hardly new. However, it is great stuff...I use it to clean my motorcycle. I will test it on the plastic panels as soon as I can dig up a can...I made the mistake of cleaning the garage :)

Here is a link if anyone wants to give it a try: http://www.motoemporium.com/hondapolish/hondapolish.html

I have seen it available at some Honda and Acura dealers, but all Honda Motorcycle dealers carry it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Has anybody tried it yet?

·
Registered
359 Posts
I just cleaned my "E" and I was drying it with a towel and the towel left swirl marks where I dried it on the panels. It was a cotton towel. This is the 2nd time I cleaned her and I used a new towel. I had to use blue coral vinyl protectant to clean it up. It looks great but I shouldn't have to worry about the panels like that. :evil:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I use a shammee (lamb skin) to dry both the paint and the plastic, leaves no scratches, swirls or other marks on the plastic, a towel will, just the nature of the beast, good thing the panels are cheap so when honda comes out with a better plastic or painted (2004?) we can all upgrade our bodies for less then $300.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Really? It's that easy to replace them? I didn't know that. It's like a giant lego.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have not replaced a panel, but a few posts discuss how to... appears like it would be pretty easy for the fenders and front, not sure on tailgate of rockers... most people leave the roof edges plastic even when they paint the rest.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts