Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the inevitable happened. Why can't Honda use the dent resistant door technology? I am extremely pissed. Some jerk was nice enough to slam their car door open into my Ellie. What makes it worse is that she is black, so EVERY imperfection shows. Almost looks like someone tossed a baseball into the side of my car.

There is no way I'm letting this one stay, I am absolutely having it pulled out. I have to scout around on Monday for some estimates.

This is it...I'm buying a skateboard, parking in the nether-region of the lot, and skateboarding the rest of the way into work...!!!

:x :x :x :x :x

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
My old car had a huge dent in it either from a car door, shopping cart, or from someone ramming it....so I know how *&%*&%$#@*% pissed you are right about now.....that is why with the Element I park in the far, far off land of the outter regions of any and all parking lots!

I know it is a pain when you are in a rush, or you just want to run in and run out of a store.....but man oh man.....everytime I even think about complaining I just think back to my last car.

The extra few mins it takes me to get to and from my E will pay off in the end!

I am very sorry about your injured E :cry: ....I hope it gets better real soon :lol:

·
Registered
894 Posts
I parked next to a clunker today while insta-banking and scooted right back again before they bashed my doors. I could see them throwing their doors open to hurt my Elsie with nary a thought.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hey MatT3T4:

I had a nasty dent on my brand new Acura. I had DentWizards pop it out (paintless dent removal). they came to my office and did it while I was inside. It looked brand new and didn't cost huge $$$ as if I'd had it re-done at the body shop...Just a suggestion!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Those Dent Wizard people are amazing! I had a Chevy Blazer that I used to baby, and they once removed a golf ball sized dent from my door (maybe even a bit bigger) for $115 while I sat there and waited. I'm not sure how they do it, but it's definitely worth a try. I think there are other chains who do the exact same "paintless" dent removal as well. I even saw it advertised at a couple of "traditional" body shops.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just found out that there is a Dent Wizard less than a quarter mile from my house, so I will definitely be going there! Thanks guys!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah Dent Wizard is a life saver. I had my fiance's Eclipse out for a spin one day and got the door dinged......so I had dent wizard fix it and they did a great job.......so great she couldnt tell the ding was ever there :wink:

·
Registered
118 Posts
way out there by the RV's with nobody nearby. Came out 1 hour later and found a big door dent in passenger rear door of my NHB brand new E. There was a clunker in the next space, all four corners bashed in, filthy.
I also went to a "Painless Dent Removal" but after an hour and a half of trying, he gave up. The rear doors have so much structural steel inside to make up for the absence of the B pillar that he couldn't get into the door as needed. It was improved quite a bit, but the deal was no charge unless he could get it all out. I live with the remaining small dent but I'm very unhappy everytime I look at it and Walmart doesn't get much business from me anymore. :cry:

·
Registered
504 Posts
That's a horrible story, Utahrex! May the bad Karma practiced by that clunker come back to harm him.

I too park far away - I usually snuggle up right on top of the curb of an island. That way there's only one space that someone can park in.

It's amazing how many times I've done this only to find another vehicle parked right next to mine....

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
It's amazing how many times I've done this only to find another vehicle parked right next to mine....
Slowhand....this happens to me everyday!!! Do I just have to leave my E at home and walk orbike everywhere????

·
Registered
9 Posts
If the paint is not messed up try going to www.dentnetwork.com they can forward your request for repair to a technician in your area that does paintless dent repair (that is what i do for a living) I'm a dent elementer! LOL

·
Registered
504 Posts
[quote="StLouisPenguin
Slowhand....this happens to me everyday!!! Do I just have to leave my E at home and walk orbike everywhere????[/quote]

:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Before you go recommending Saturn body exterior, go to Consumer Reports and read what happened during their test drive of the Saturn. One of the rubber cones was hit during test driving and flew up breaking off a piece of the body. I'll take my dents instead. I do park very far out for shopping though and at work and am losing a few pounds from that. BONUS! Sorry to hear about the dent though. People are so inconsiderate. :x

·
Registered
461 Posts
Amen to the Saturn technology, MatT3T4! I just sold my 9-year old Saturn, and it did not have a single dent or ding, despite parking it haphazardly for years.

Since I got my E a month ago, I've been one of those idiots parking out at the end of the parking lot, next to a curb, if possible. Yet yesterday, I got my first door ding. Arghhhhhh!
:evil:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've always maintianed that inteligence can be reflected quite nicely in the old 4 square pattern. The upper right quantrant being the most intelligent and the lower left being the least. I also maintain that the majority of people (regardless of race, creed, religion - anything) are in the lower left quadrant. That being said, I think politeness and consideration of others follows the same criteria.

Just my thoughts.

We use that quadrant analogy at work to answer the many mysteries of life. :lol: Such why NASCAR has such a huge following. :wink: Or the fans of your team's biggest rivals. For instance being a lifelong Packers fan, them that root for the Bears, Vikings and Lions all fall into the lower left. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
540 Posts
[quote:acbfbec25e="bush555"]RANT:

I will never, if I live three lifetimes, understand the mindset of people to whom denting the door of a neighboring vehicle is "okay."
.[/quote:acbfbec25e]

I could not agree more! It's so completely rude and so unnecessary. Even in tight parking places you can, if you take a moment, manage not to ding someone's door. I've had the wind catch the door before and bang it into someone's car pretty hard. I left a note apologizing and offering to pay for it. The guy called me, said he had paintless dent pop it out, and he wouldn't even consider asking me to reimburse him because he just appreciated that I was honest. Darn, that was pretty cool of him.

On the rental (Toyota Camry) I have until they total my Isuzu out and my Element arrives, I have this little rubber tube thing that is on the driver's door. Prevents that door from scratching someone else's. You know, if they sell those, I might get a pair for my E. I don't want to cause damage even accidentally.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yeah, I think I lost about 5 lbs from walking from the back of the parking lots. What about the Ding King? I think I remember someone posting good results about it?

·
Registered
92 Posts
[quote:ffae8ac4dd="Elementary Watson"]I've always maintianed that inteligence can be reflected quite nicely in the old 4 square pattern. The upper right quantrant being the most intelligent and the lower left being the least. I also maintain that the majority of people (regardless of race, creed, religion - anything) are in the lower left quadrant. That being said, I think politeness and consideration of others follows the same criteria.
[/quote:ffae8ac4dd]

I agree totally. Parking lot dings are just a microcosm of a bigger problem in society... people just don't respect each other and their property. I feel that I (and most of the people in the EOC) fall into the upper RH quadrant, and maintain a higher level of respect and politeness for each other.

Regards,
SOL

·
Registered
15 Posts
Grrr....less then 48hours and my E had her first Ouchie....I know that dings will happen...but I hadn't even had her a whole freakin' 48 hours and she got a dent.

I parked in the middle of the lot all by my lonesome (square shaped shopping center)...and came out 20 minutes later with a 3"x 1 1/2" dent on the drivers side door....and no one was even parked next to me...hmmm a dent & run!

Sometimes people just suck!!!!!

OK, done whining!

Sorry to all who have also experienced dings & dents to their Es.

Christine

1 - 20 of 44 Posts