Honda Element Owners Club banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
wow all these stories are sad... yes parking away is somewhat of a good idea, but as we heard people still manage to get to close for comfort, we used to have a BMW and babied it, we had a trick for parking it, look for a couple expensive cars, when we parked it, we would go between like a bmw and another exotic car, youll feel really safe because you know that those people beside you defenitly wont want their cars smashed!!

· Registered
313 Posts
[quote:ab0932c420="element-b"]wow all these stories are sad... yes parking away is somewhat of a good idea, but as we heard people still manage to get to close for comfort, we used to have a BMW and babied it, we had a trick for parking it, look for a couple expensive cars, when we parked it, we would go between like a bmw and another exotic car, youll feel really safe because you know that those people beside you defenitly wont want their cars smashed!![/quote:ab0932c420]

I try to park next to cars that look well taken care of and are fairly new and expensive looking also. That works most of the time, however they have to leave sometime and they usually end up being replaced by someone you wouldn't want to be next to. One day I had this woman pull up next to me in an expensive looking Licoln town car. I had a bad feeling that those doors were like a big dog on a leash she couldn't handle. So I started up ol Elly and backed outta there so fast she must have thought I robbed the bank. Gotta listen to that gut feeling too.

LittleDogBox
Arlington, Va.

LittleDogBox
Arlington, Va.

· Registered
43 Posts
Ya, People just don't care about your property.
Some kid thought my element front bumper would make a nice drawing board, and took a sharpie or crayon to it. it came off.

people are just jerks.

One question, the car is covered with plastic, why not some on the doors like the grand cherokee????

Door dings suck, and you see really nice BMW's in town taken care of, but riddled with door dings, none of the damage caused by them..
really sad!

Karl.

· Registered
52 Posts
I own a 2002 Saturn SL2 and a E. I couldnt part with the Satty it has been a wonderfull car. I have had close to 40 vehicles in my life VW'S MG'S, TOYOTAS, HONDAS, CHEVY, PONTIAC, SATURN, OLDSMOBILE, BUICK you name it I probably had at least one of em. I never had any problem with my gm cars except for one pontiac. I always get 200,000 miles out of them with regular maintenace, and I got 275,000 out of the last Saturn I had before I sold it for that pontiac that was a lemon. I will bet that it was cold when they were testing the Saturn. Plastic, polymer, Fiberglass all like to crack when cold just ask a corvette owner, and you can bet the composite pannels on the E would do the same. I think Honda should have added more pannels on the doors but I still thought that the E was a better SUV than the Vue.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.