Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Honda has announced that it will recall a total of 412,000 vehicles due to a problem with the Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) modulator, that could cause a soft brake pedal feel. In total, 344,000 Odyssey minivans and 68,000 Elements, from the 2007-8 model years are affected.

Honda claims a "self check" mode for the system may allow a small amount of air into the modulator, which over time can result in what it calls a, "soft break pedal," or "low brake pedal."

A notification will be sent to all owners starting at the end of April, at which point Honda encourages owners to take their vehicle to an authorized dealer.

In order to make the process more user-friendly, Honda has announced it is setting up a website (as well as a dedicated call center) where owners can go as of April 19th, to see if their vehicle is in need of a recall. The contact number is 800-999-1009 (option 4) and the website is www.recalls.honda.com

More: Honda Recalls 412,000 Odyssey and Element Models Over Brake Concerns on AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
555 Posts
I would like to know what exactly the recall will entail. I had them do work on mine and noticed little if any improvement on the soft brake feel.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I haven't had the issue

I have a 2008 and haven't had the soft brake pedal issue. Maybe I haven't hit the mileage where it becomes a problem.
I just took it in for my 30,000 mile and noticed a subtle difference in pedal feel after, maybe just the routine adjustments they do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts