Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah,the first one,said to give em the serial # on the key and will check,but they are pretty sure it fit.

The second one said,it fit,the only difference is the form of the button!

I just wanted to be sure before i buy anything,that's why i ask here first.

Where do you guys buy your keys???

Bert

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,522 Posts
I use the Rigdeline all-in-one remote key, have for over a year, works excellent. It IS a bit spendy (@ $45+- for key and cutting, then one shop hour (here is $95) for programing), but, LOVE not having the extra fob in the pocket. 8):razz::razz::razz:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I use the Rigdeline all-in-one remote key, have for over a year, works excellent. It IS a bit spendy (@ $45+- for key and cutting, then one shop hour (here is $95) for programing), but, LOVE not having the extra fob in the pocket. 8):razz::razz::razz:

The Ridgeline key is the way to go. If you have a donor key, you don't have to pay for programming. Cut the donor key apart, and put the chip in the Ridgeline key. The price for programming varies from dealer to dealer. Some want a half hour, and there have been posts where the dealer has done it at no charge. Programming it is only 10 minutes work.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do i ''really'' need to go to a dealer for programming a new key?

When i bought a new key for my mustang Gt,i did the programming without help of any dealer.

Is there a way to do it by myself?

Bert

·
12,179 Posts
Do i ''really'' need to go to a dealer for programming a new key?

When i bought a new key for my mustang Gt,i did the programming without help of any dealer.

Is there a way to do it by myself?

Bert

Yes there is.....Click your heels together and repear after me.....I wish i was in Kansas....

Seriously.....There is only two ways to program a key. Go to the dealer or seek out a locksmith that uses the Ilco key cloning machine There isn't a way to do it yourself.

If the key has a built in remote you can do the remote yourself...But not the actual immobilzer part of the key.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The Ridgeline key is the way to go. If you have a donor key, you don't have to pay for programming. Cut the donor key apart, and put the chip in the Ridgeline key. The price for programming varies from dealer to dealer. Some want a half hour, and there have been posts where the dealer has done it at no charge. Programming it is only 10 minutes work.
I have a 2010 Element, will a Ridgeline key still be compatible? Is there a specific
model year Ridgeline key I would have to get? And let me get this straight... If I could use a Ridgeline key I could take the chip out of one of my existing keys, put it in the new key, and get it cut. Is there another step that needs to be done?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Lytepipe,

Check out the DIY section and look at the top sticky. It's probably information overload, but plenty of good info on using different keys. Long story short, yes you can use a Ridgeline key. Someone did it recently.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Anyone know a part number or what year Ridgeline key will work with an 08 EX? Going to get one ASAP, just need to know what to get.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts