Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't really think much of it the day I bought my E, because I already have AAA plus, but yesterday a friend asked me if I remembered the dealer telling me that I had Honda roadside assistance. She locked herself out of her car this past weekend and thought that she had it too but turned out she doesn't. She even called the dealer and they told her there was no such thing.
Now I really don't care one way or the other because of the AAA, but I do remember being told that I have it the day I bought my car. Looking through all my papers and manuals, I can't find a thing about it.
Does it exist or are we duped???!!! :?:

· Registered
554 Posts
There's no roadside service??????????? :shock:

Wow, I really didn't know that. I figured every car company did that. I guess it's time to call Geico :razz:

· EOC Rank: Granny Smith Apple
2,993 Posts
I bought the extended warranty and I was never told about this, or given a sticker, or piece of paper indicating this in any way.

I did switch Honda Dealers though right in the beginning, I hated the first guys I went to. So arrogant. They were extremly upset I removed their dealer sticker, but who the hell wants to drive around with a big white Cardinal on their car?

Well, I also mentioned I wasn't going to give free advertising until I know if they're good mechanics. They were insulted and disliked me then.
tried to tell me that's how they kniow it was bought there, How stupid. I responed with "well, there is a vin number ya know and service can be done anywhere, any dealer so why do you need to know it was bought here?"

Dealers leave a very bad taste in my mouth.

This is good to know. (the roadservice)
j.

· Registered
304 Posts
I've never heard of it.. Some dealers do offer some kind of roadside assistance with new cars, but usually independant companies

· Premium Member
15,320 Posts
jurneez said:
I bought the extended warranty and I was never told about this, or given a sticker, or piece of paper indicating this in any way.
Jurn, they should have given you a separate contract. Get back in touch with the dealer about this asap.

I had a bad experience with a local Honda dealer when I bought a used Odyssey a few years ago. Every time we met with the salesman (3 or 4 times before signing), I reminded him that we wanted the extended warranty. "Yeah, you got it, no problem" was the reply. Well, the day we signed all those papers I failed to check for the extended warranty (didn't know at the time it was called Honda Care), and only thought we had it. It wasn't until we went for service months later that I learned we had no such warranty, and the lying salesman had since left the dealership. A meeting with the manager resolved the problem--lucky for us, since we had no supporting documentation.

· Registered
1,164 Posts
Roadside Assistance

I bought the extended warranty--7 years/70,000 miles. I was given a wallet card for the roadside assistance. The card says HondaCare.

This past weekend, I could have used it but instead used my AAAPlus membership. I was towing a loaded UHaul trailer 2500 miles (what joy). Got sleepy and pulled into rest area. Fell asleep immediately and forgot to turn off the lights (daylight). So I burned out the battery and had to wait for AAA. I was in the heck in the middle of nowhere. I wasn't sure exactly what kind of coverage HondaCare roadside assistance offers, but I just used AAA because I knew they would cover me virtually anywhere.

· Registered
51 Posts
This actually brings up a question of mine. I'm out shopping for an E right now but one feature I love about my 2003 Tacoma is that if I forget the headlights on and I turn off the car, they will go off after a while, thus making it impossible to burn out the battery via headlights.

From what I gather in the previous post, E doesn't have that feature?

I suppose that on the flip side the Tacoma feature could be annoying, if I need the headlights to illuminate any nighttime activity or something.

· Registered
3,385 Posts
The lights will stay on, but the E will beep or buzz annoyingly until you turn them off...

· Registered
2,076 Posts
The Element lacks almost all of the "high end" options of more expensive vehicles - no variable speed wipers, no auto on/off headlights, no heated seats or mirrors, no power adjust seats, steering wheel or pedals, no individual climate control, no thermometer or compass...well you get the idea. A "luxury" vehicle it is not - but it doesn't have a "luxury" price tag either. I have two other vehicles that have ALL that stuff and what do I choose to drive every time? My E, of course. Most of that stuff is merely overpriced gadgetry anyway - something else to break 2 days after the warranty expires.

· Registered
3,268 Posts
jdiane said:
The lights will stay on, but the E will beep or buzz annoyingly until you turn them off...
True, but only once you have opened the door with the key turned off will it warn you. Sit in your Element with the headlights on and the door closed.........silence.

· Registered
128 Posts
wow

I have had AAA for 15 years but my dealer HALL Auto supplies raodside with every oil change you get 3 months free no matter what make at any dealrship and they have like 30 stores>>

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.