Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out the factory roof rack does not adjust to install a non Honda roof box. Sears has a great sale I cannot take advantage. My two options is to change the roof rack to a Thules which I like or purchase a Honda roof box at an affordable price other than the $300 dealer price tag. Any idea on where I can find a Honda roof box under 200? Any ideas on another way to fit a non Honda roof box with the existing factory roof rack? Would appreciate some advice.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I have a Sears Sport 20 SV roof box and it bolts on just fine. The people at Sears are boneheads, get one of those fools to help you drag the demo unit out and put it on top of your E - you'll see that there are plenty of holes to line up with the plates.

Good luck.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Um, I dunno - lemme ask one of my daughters since she sat in back...

She says "it covered it halfway dad". :lol:

And there you have it. :D

Oh, BTW - I was so ashamed that I had a BIG SEARS CARGO BOX perched on top of my ultra cool ride that I felt compelled to pull the BIG GEEKY SEARS EMBLEMS off of it. They came off pretty easily, left no residue, and best of all, no one knows just how dorky I really am any more. :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts