Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the Honda rubber mats and installed the front one with no problem. My issue is with the rear mat, in that I cannot find a place to secure the bracket/pin that in turn goes into a small hole on the mat. Anyone else have this problem? What is the location for that rear bracket/pin?

·
Registered
107 Posts
If you look at the panel on the passengers side in the rear you will see a little raised area where you are supposed to drill the hole the clip then needs to be slipped under the plastic. The enclosed screw goes through the panel and screws into the back of the hold down bracket.

This may also help
http://www.handa-accessories.com/element/elementallseasonmats.pdf

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
I have a rear mat too and honestly never found a need to install the hook. It doesn't go anywhere....ever. Even with people constantly going in and out.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I used double sided tape on mine.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
NEver used anything to secure mine. It stays in place just fine. It also makes it much easier to take it out and put the carpeted mat in during the summer.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I have not used the pins in the front or back. The front mat fit so well there just was not any room for them to move. My dog lives in the back and the rear mat does not move around at all.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Damn!

This thread popped up right AFTER I installed all of the hooks in our E.

Oh well I suppose. It isn't going to hurt to have them in.

The back was a little bit of a pain for me. Just getting the holes all lined up. Then the post did a good job of blocking the screw.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I thought the back mat did not have pins like the front (which has three). Is this something new?

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Install for our 06:

1) Toss in place

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.