Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello All!

I just purchased and installed the Armrest with Storage. I have a question however! Are you supposed to install the bracket on top of the fabric or should the bracket be metal on metal? :confused:

Thank you for your time and assistance!

·
Registered
13 Posts
My wife and I would like to purchase an armrest with storage for our E, is it something I can order through honda? I am going in for scheduled maintenance next week ,so I will make a point of asking htere as well. I like my E just the way it came but as with many other people on this site, its always nice to add the goodies, id love a roofrack that could hold some of my camping gear, maybe one that had a shallow basket or something.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wow, thank you for the quick response, i would really like the armrest. I had a 1970 VW van and a friends father built me a perfect box that fit between the two fron seats and it was perfect for so many reasons. I sold the van and kept the box in my garage for years. thanks again

·
Registered
211 Posts
Storage armrest question

All that came in the box was the armrest. Should there be any more parts? Or do I have to order the base seperate?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Another question...

Thanks Bald Eagle for the reply.

My next question does an 06 armrest fit on an 07? I would rather have it in gray than the black the 07 comes in. Thanks again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Installing storage armrest on 2009 LX

Hi,

I purchased a 2009 LX about a month ago and have been tinkering around the edges with it ever since. I've purchased the storage armrest (should arrive this week) but would like some words of advice from someone who has installed one in an element that didn't already have an armrest. According to the instructions I'm going to have to cut the seat fabric, which makes me a little uneasy. Any words of support?

Best,

Bruce

·
12,179 Posts
Hi,

I purchased a 2009 LX about a month ago and have been tinkering around the edges with it ever since. I've purchased the storage armrest (should arrive this week) but would like some words of advice from someone who has installed one in an element that didn't already have an armrest. According to the instructions I'm going to have to cut the seat fabric, which makes me a little uneasy. Any words of support?

Best,

Bruce

Welcome to the eoc ugly.....err Bruce.

This video should help. It is on a 2008 but should be of help.

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/ar...20_-_Honda_Element_Armrest_Installation.shtml

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks so much for the video. I didn't realise that the seat covers zipped up. I thought it was some kind of stitching. This takes all (or most) of the fear out of the process, since I now know exactly where the mounting bracket is. The dealer wanted over $100 for the install! You made me really glad I posted.

Between what I saved using Handa for the armrest (I learned about this company from reading posts on this site), and doing the install myself, I can purchase even more stuff for the new Element. I'll probably get the Scangauge next. I'd like to mount it over the open bay below my Alpine radio.

Thanks again

Ugly (I'll get the hang of this at some point)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Arm rest success, but one concern...

I did the armrest install last week. Because I was able to open the seat back, it was easy to locate the mounting bracket. I used sewing pins to locate the holes so I knew where to cut the "x" in the seat fabric. After cutting the x, I moved the seat cover out of the way so I could safely cut the foam from the bracket. A few minutes later, the arm rest was mounted.

The job looks clean and was much easier than I expected. Thanks for directing me to the video.

I only wish that they had put some padding in the rest. I don't know why they built it so well, but didn't put any padding under the top cover.

Ugly

·
Registered
5 Posts
I like it, but the black sure stands out against the grey.
The contrast is not as bad inside the Element as it is on the pictures. We just finished a trip to and from the Oregon Coast, about 340 miles round trip. The armrest made the driving much more comfortable. However, I did have to put a folded towel on top of it, due to the lack of padding.

Also, thanks to the moderator for posting the pictures. I'll still have to figure it out the next time I post.

I just got my scangauge from Amazon. I'm going to set it up today. THe installer who put in my Alpine radio will route the wire and install a mounting bracket in the lower radio bay for less than $40. I'll post pictures of this after it is complete (in the approprate place).

Ugly

·
Registered
31 Posts
Armrest/Storage Installation

I bought a storage armrest off of Ebay (see actual picture below). After reading in these forums I realized there is a metal bracket missing. The bolts were missing as well, but I was able to get them at Home Depot. Is there anyplace I can buy that metal bracket that is missing? I did contact the sellar of the auction, but I suspect he/she does not have it. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
I bet you'll have to order one through your dealer. Kind of sketchy of the seller not to include it or mention that it wasn't included- maybe you should lean on the seller a bit. I meant the thing is useless without the bracket. Remember when dealing with an eBay seller YOU hold the cards- if the seller won't play nice you can file a claim with eBay......and/or leave negative feedback. Not that I'm advocating that- I'm an eBay seller myself- but sometimes it's necessary. But by all means communicate with the seller FIRST. Could be that he or she just forgot to include the bracket. Hope this helps!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts