Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.clubrsx.com/cr/HD-K24-IMG.html heres the link...i was reading the rbb intake manifold thread and someone said that the radiator fluid had to be drained to install this...from my knowledge doesnt this just go between the itanke manifold and the engine and it basically a spacer no ? some correct me if im wrong..

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
If I am wrong, someone please correct me, but I think it is because there is a coolant passage in the intake manifold.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
but isnt it located between the engine and intake manifold ? and why is the intake manifold a simple bolt on and the intake manifold gasket is a difficult process of draining the radiator...there is a diagram on acuraoemparts.com i believe under tsx intake manifold...where i ordered my rbb intake manifold from and i need to get a new intake manifold gasket from the cause that wat the rbb thread said i needed...wow im lost now...

·
12,179 Posts
but isnt it located between the engine and intake manifold ? and why is the intake manifold a simple bolt on and the intake manifold gasket is a difficult process of draining the radiator...there is a diagram on acuraoemparts.com i believe under tsx intake manifold...where i ordered my rbb intake manifold from and i need to get a new intake manifold gasket from the cause that wat the rbb thread said i needed...wow im lost now...

The intake manifold is in two pieces. Thats why when you swap the intaje plenom all you need is a gasket.

The gasket you are looking at goes between the head and the injector base.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
yo think the mods worth it...i mean the part is only 50 bucks...anyone on the forum have it ?

A few have done it. That type of mod is worthwhile for drag racing. In tests using an Infrared heat gun, the parts come to the same temperature within 10 to 20 Minutes, depending on ambient air temperature. Do to the incoming air flow the intake manifold will always register lower than the head. It only stands to reason that over time with the engine running, All the parts will achieve the same temperature, as without it. An insulator that thin can only block the heat transfer for a relatively short period of time.

As far as it being worth it, That depends on your expectations.

Dom

1 - 9 of 9 Posts