Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hood Scoop and Hot Air Intake (Turbo)

Well its finally time to give you guys an update on my latest endeavor. I cut a hole in my hood and mounted a scoop. I think it suits the E quite well. Although I'm sure there are plenty who will think that its too ricey. I'll let you guess where the scoop was pilfered from. . . . .Ok I'll give you a hint: It rhymes with Rubaru.

Attachments

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why yes it is . . . .

This is my contribution to the turbo research and development committee. Its got a lot of tuning left to do, but its drivable, there is a lot more torque, and it sounds really cool.

Attachments

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Manifold

I went with a homebuilt sidemount exhaust manifold. We'll see how it holds up. The turbo is a Garrett GT 28R.

Attachments

·
Registered
424 Posts
i'm not into performance mods, but for what it's worth, i think your hood scoop looks cool.:) nice job.

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,533 Posts
VERY NICE!! Good luck in fine tuning it, I know it can be challenging...... :rolleyes::)

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. The scoop is my favorite part. I like how it looks alot. The rest of it was just the excuse for needing the scoop.

The tuning is a nightmare. It is very tedious and seems to be a never ending process as Honda Ghandi has warned us.

·
Mod-erator
4,576 Posts
I'd like to see some more pics of the scoop....maybe from the side and top.

I like the engine tuning......looks like that type of fun that makes you want to pull all the hair out your head. :D

·
Registered
469 Posts
if i only had the money
if i only had the money
if i only had the money
if i only had the money
if i only had the money

damn, damn, damn, damn, damn, damn!!!!

:-:)-:)-:)-:)-:)-:)-:)-(

·
Registered
95 Posts
I love that BOV, I run the same one on my Accord, by far, a much more superior piece to the old school Greddy Type S I had been sporting before.

Is yours an auto, or a stick?

·
Registered
498 Posts
It's about time!! I'll send you a copy of my maps, you can probably just scale them down to your injector size. I have almost no driveability issues now.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I love that BOV, I run the same one on my Accord, by far, a much more superior piece to the old school Greddy Type S I had been sporting before.

Is yours an auto, or a stick?
Is it an auto or a stick? Come on! Its a 6-speed!:D

Yeah the blow off sounds really good.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How is the scoop installed? screwed on? Please explain.

Oh, and it looks great! :)
There are six studs holding the scoop on. I removed the factory attachment points and put some threaded body clips over the old attachment points. Then I carefully traced a hole in the hood and sliced it up. I was hoping to do a flush mount for style, but lets face it the Element is not known for elegance and subtlety.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry no numbers yet. I'll let you know when I get it dynoed, but even running poorly its significantly faster. And yes this project was way over budget. Go for the RBB, Cold Air, and maybe exhaust, then see if you really want more.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Turbo install checklist for Brawsie...

1. Visit PU's in Jax
2. Find and steal Richard's brain
3. Mod cranium and install
4. Mod element.

Nice work! What rhymes with ubaru?:rolleyes: Fubaru?
Who gives a shI7 if it looks ricey. It's friggin fast!:D

1 - 20 of 49 Posts