Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was ordering a replacement part (cabin filter) and was asked for my submodel (EX LX or SC) on a 2008 Element.

How to I determine that? I checked my registration and that says SW - so I think that's not the type for which I am looking?

Thanks.

·
Registered
685 Posts
There are lots of differences between the 3 model types, but off the top of my head (assuming you're all stock):

SC: 18" alloy wheels
EX: 16" alloy wheels
LX: 16" steel wheels (with hub caps)

The stereo system is different between the LX model and the SC/EX.

Regardless, I believe the cabin air filter is the same for all models, so it shouldn't matter.

·
Registered
421 Posts
You answered your question with this 2008 4WD EX MT
ben-pinto
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2008 4WD EX MT
Galapagos Green Metallic (GGM)

He probably just filled that out quickly when he registered. Trim won't matter, cabin filters are the same!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thanks for the links, Ramblerdan!

I was wondering some of that too. Like, how do I know that the car on the lot really has AWD and isn't just a salesman trying to make the car sound more impressive and lying through his teeth.

The only indication I have AWD on the outside is a sticker that any dummy could buy online and apply themselves. I'll have to go check my VIN when I get home to make sure.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Thanks for the links, Ramblerdan!

I was wondering some of that too. Like, how do I know that the car on the lot really has AWD and isn't just a salesman trying to make the car sound more impressive and lying through his teeth.

The only indication I have AWD on the outside is a sticker that any dummy could buy online and apply themselves. I'll have to go check my VIN when I get home to make sure.
You could also look under your car for a drive shaft, rear diff, or CV axles going to the rear hubs.

Also, for 2008 and older 4WD cars, they all had moonroofs (regardless of trim).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts