Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2003 EX. When we start it the horn honks once. Any ideas? We only ave one key and no remotes either.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Sounds like an after market alarm, you may want to post this question in the problems area and mobile electronics area. The gurus in the mobile electronics are esp good.

Chris

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Sounds like an after market alarm
agreed. it is either that or someone that was playing a joke on the previous owner. we have hooked many things to people horns in the shop over the years from brake pedal/lights to headlights to reverse lamps, etc. the way to tell if that is the case is does it honk the whole time you are cranking the starter or is it just a short burst of the horn? if it does it the whole time you crank then someone was playing a joke and you just need to get in there and clip the horn loose from the starter wire. if it does it after the crank is complete or at some differnt time then you have an alarm that you probably want to take out if you dont have the remotes. i would say that you could get remotes for it and have them programmed but i dont know what type it is that would do that with the horn at start up, and it is def not a dei product that i could walk you thru remote programming.

·
Registered
39 Posts
That happened to my Nissan Altima recently. I thought I was hearing things. Found out it was very very wet from a flooded roadway I went thru and shorted some electrical connections. It's fine now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have since discovered that it is an executive one system. wrapped in tape and tosssed under the dash. I posted in Mobile Elect to see if somoone had ideas about removing it. I accidently got the single horn balst to go away. while I was looking at the unit the horn beeped, now it no longer does that when starting. But I do wnat to remove it since I have no remotes , no codes and no manuals. I prefer to put in the Honda system since it just plugs in. I am now looking for advice so I do not end up DOA in my driveway.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
its just happy to be driven that its all. Just give it a nice love pet and be one your way.

J/K good to know that you got it taken care of.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts