Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed that the horn sounds a bit whimpy?

I live in NY so we use the horn just about as much as the brake, so it kind of means something to me.

Am I the only one who thinks it could be louder? Maybe a different pitch?

I have an older set of air horns in the garage, I may have to put on the Element.

People don't mind looking at the E, but they still don't get out of its way. :twisted:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I havent stood outside the car while someone honks the car, but when I was driving and used it for the first time I laughed. It sounded as though someone had stepped on a duck. How difficult do you think it would be to swap out the horn for a more commanding tone!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Aroooooo-ga, aroooooo-ga. Give me a old-fashioned horn any day. If it does sound whimpy I will be off to Canadian Tire to switch it out posthaste.

The voltage/amperage should be pretty standard. As far as I have seen it's a simple positive and negative terminal on the horn on most vehicles. The mountiing bracket may be different, as well as the amount of room required to mount it.

Let us know if you make a change...I still have a wait to go until I can lift the hood of my "E" to look at this....still waiting for the dealer to call me with a delivery date.

Iskie

·
Registered
164 Posts
You can always add another of the same style horn, but the opposite tone. This is a cheap alternative and saves space compared to air horns.

·
Registered
36 Posts
AFTER I ORDER MY ROCKETS FOR MY VACANT FOG LIGHT HOLES I'M JUST GONNA BY ONE OF THOSE PORTABLE AIR HORNS IN A CAN AND THEN THEY'LL REALLY GET OUT OF MY WAY :twisted:

·
Registered
91 Posts
[quote:4bbf1e52c2="jrouyer"]I think the horn is loud. It is louder than any of my previous cars. It scared the **** out of me once.[/quote:4bbf1e52c2]
I agree. It's louder than any of my previous cars. Excellent volume to be located in a mall parking lot (w/ keyless entry)

·
Registered
36 Posts
HAWAIIAN E I KNOW IT WAS YOUR IDEA , I WAS HOPING YOU WOULD GET IT . I DIDN'T MEAN TO STEAL IT, I JUST THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY AND THAT YOU WOULD HAVE PICKED IT UP! SORRY. :?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts