Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I parked my car at a parking lot and had a family medical emergency. I had to leave the car overnight and next morning found a 6 foot long scratch on the passenger side. Look's like it was done with a nail. Parking garage says they are not responsible for cars left overnight.

Any ideas, wonder how well the touch up paint will work here.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ouch... that's definitely no good. Sorry to hear it! What color is your E? Touch up paint isn't available for Orange yet... and one other color that I can't remember... maybe green?

·
Registered
608 Posts
The touch up paint is available for the Green. I have a bottle (unopened) on my desk in the office. So far have not had a need for it, but my wife just got a hell of a scratch the last few days on our Mercedes. Looks like it got hit while parked. :evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dear all,

Thanks to the first support from "The Rube"! Let's condemn the SOB! I believe that KEYING (this term is interesting. My cop friend correct me this way: instead of scratching, use Keying as a verb to describe SOB's action) is the only thing they can do on earth. Does this sound like greetings to all of you? A-HA!

I have a '03 EBP Element. I did not realize next morning until I saw the scratch extending from front passenger side door to the rear quarter panel.(they even keyed the plastic thing) I went to local Walmart store, and nearby market the night before. I parked the car on my driveway. There's no known suspect, so everyone is suspect. My family member joked about that, "What if I did that?"

PS: I remember I went to San Francisco earlier and parked at a residential street parking. It could happen that moment too.

I am afraid the keyed line on my E is longer than yours, my friend. The body shop cost me $500. The friend of mine thanks for such SOB, if not those SOB, they won't have extra income. To be honest with you, touch-up won't do good job for a long keying like that. But if you have spray paint tool at home, you may try.

I asked friends at the Police Department, and they got vandalised on the patrol cars and their own cars once in awhile. They said it's hard to stop such crime. Quote from a senior police officer, "We live in a complex society where bad things occasionally happen to good people."

Words from a Lieutenant, "problems are consistently one of the areas main concerns. People are crazy out there. Just take it in stride, smile, and continue on..." Will you smile when you see that keying thing??? Ask yourself many times...

Does anyone consider or already set up a surveillance in their E?

Elements deserve better! Good luck to all!

PS: I just loaded two photos of the car.

PS: It's bit late to reply to the original thread back to 3/19/03. I hope the original posting person will still be interested in seeing new postings.

Attachments

·
EOC Rank: 999
1,793 Posts
What would you give to walk up on the SOB as he's doing this. I've had scratches on my other cars that look as if they were done on purpose and I know how angry I got. I also remember the first words out of my mouth, "Please God, let me catch the bastard that's doing this". Needless to say, I never did catch the person. Hope it's the only time it happens to ya......

·
Registered
400 Posts
Hondamade4dogs said:
Wow that is a Horse**** thread... So your car got scratched...big deal its a car....its going to get scratched, dented, barfed in, wet,dirty, cracked windshield, flat tire,etc.... its a way of life. It can't stay new forever..... if you want to fight over it in Iraq, Have a Good Time.....We wish you well :twisted:
People like you dont care about other peoples property as we do. we take good care of our own things such as our own elements and hope others also are so curtious enough to respect other peoples property. If you dont care about your element who will??

·
Registered
870 Posts
Hondamade4dogs said:
Wow that is a Horse**** thread... So your car got scratched...big deal its a car....its going to get scratched, dented, barfed in, wet,dirty, cracked windshield, flat tire,etc.... its a way of life. It can't stay new forever..... if you want to fight over it in Iraq, Have a Good Time.....We wish you well :twisted:
Now thats a horse**** reply.
A scratch and a dent are not in the same line up as getting barfed in, wet,dirty, cracked windshield, flat tire,etc.....
Everything but a scratch / dent can be easily cleaned / handled in a matter of minutes.
Yes it is a car, life goes on, but if you have no value for your belongings why do you bother to own anything. How would you like someone to kick your dog? It is only a dog, life goes on.

I would have the dealer look at the damaged. If not taking care of it will lead to corrosion and further damage quickly.

·
1,793 Posts
MTP said:
A scratch and a dent are not in the same line up as getting barfed in, wet,dirty, cracked windshield, flat tire,etc.....
Everything but a scratch / dent can be easily cleaned / handled in a matter of minutes.
Yes it is a car, life goes on, but if you have no value for your belongings why do you bother to own anything. How would you like someone to kick your dog? It is only a dog, life goes on.

I would have the dealer look at the damaged. If not taking care of it will lead to corrosion and further damage quickly.

I'm with you all the way on this one MTP!!!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
What America needs is some public caning for senseless acts of vandalism. I know I would have benefited from it in my youth.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
mike1007 said:
Any ideas, wonder how well the touch up paint will work here.
If I were in your shoes, I would put in a comprehensive claim, yes it would suck to pat that deductable, but I would just do it. I don't think touch up paint does a good job for a long scratch like that.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Take it to a body shop and have it done right. Make a insurance claim and pay your deductable. HHHMMM That is considered vandalism.....I have state farm ins. and there is ZERO deductable on vandalism!!! On the policy i have that is.......and thats just regular full coverage.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hondamade4dogs said:
Yeah, true...it's just a car and all that stuff, but dig this...

Most people who buy this car do so because it fits their needs, they like the Honda reliability and let's face it...it's in their price range. In other words...comparatively cheap.

Just for fun sake, check out your local supermarket parking lot, and dollars to donuts you'll find strong anecdotal evidence that suggests most people don't get those dings and scratches repaired. It's easy enough to figure out why: because it's cosmetic, expensive and a deductible expense - an expense that most people are not apt to report because God Forbid Their Insurance Goes Up.

We're not talking about BMW or Hummer types here. We're talking Honda owners. While it's true that there are some wealthy folk out there driving this brand, its a safe bet to figure that MOST OF US are not rolling in the green.

Surely it's not that hard to understand why some might get frosted when they're faced with the handiwork of automotive sociopaths who get their rocks off by defacing someone else's something nice.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
just fwiw, H&A does sell SOP touch-up paint. i've already used my bottle on a few rock chips on the hood. its doens't look as new, but at least it is sealed.

·
Banned
1,035 Posts
Hey,

Bummer for your E. Man, a SIX Foot long scratch! They definitely had some issues against your E.

When my E was two weeks old I went to a Restaurant in Garden City, Long Island to have Sushi and the next day while cleaning my E I noticed that someone had used a boxcutter or similar to make a six inch cut in my RF Quarter Panel Cladding (almost cut all the way through)!

If I ever catch the SOB or anyone else vandalizing my E they'll have to pay the price, i.e. I'm gonna take something they'll need (for life) for their daily activities and keep it as a trophy (and believe me it won't be an inanimate object).

OTH - For those that don't care about dings/dents/scratches you're full of it. Then why did you buy an unblemished vehicle off the lot? I rest my case.

Thx, Phil

·
1,793 Posts
QKMPULSE said:
Hey,

Bummer for your E. Man, a SIX Foot long scratch! They definitely had some issues against your E.

When my E was two weeks old I went to a Restaurant in Garden City, Long Island to have Sushi and the next day while cleaning my E I noticed that someone had used a boxcutter or similar to make a six inch cut in my RF Quarter Panel Cladding (almost cut all the way through)!

If I ever catch the SOB or anyone else vandalizing my E they'll have to pay the price, i.e. I'm gonna take something they'll need (for life) for their daily activities and keep it as a trophy (and believe me it won't be an inanimate object).

OTH - For those that don't care about dings/dents/scratches you're full of it. Then why did you buy an unblemished vehicle off the lot? I rest my case.

Thx, Phil
Again, I agree. I think what jerks my chain the most is not the scratch in itself (Lord knows how many I'll get in the time I own my SOP) but rather that some S>O>B> went out of his way to do damage to something that someone else owns. The thought of some jerk finding pleasure in doing this bothers me to no end. In the end its not the scratch, its the "scratchee" :evil:

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Man, listen to you guys get all hot and bothered over vehicular vandalization.
Well, here's a little fuel for your fire in the form of a couple video links.
That "little" 6' scratch won't seem so bad after watching these.

*WARNING- Bad Words A Plenty For Your Virginal Ears*

This guy doesn't like car windows, but loves what's behind them:
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/carthieframpage.html

This guy only dislikes PT Cruisers:
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/crazyguy.html

...and just to keep it somewhat on topic, here's a vid of too old farts fist fighting with a familiar boxy plastic paneled vehicle in the back ground.
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/oldguyfight.html

I think they were fighting over who had the better fake fogs.:twisted:

·
Registered
295 Posts
MTP said:

Good reply.

I don't know exactly why, but for some reason Hondamade4Dogs has some attitude issues when it comes to other Element owners and how they feel about dings, scratches and the exterior of their vehicle that happen while parked out there in the "real world".

I'm not sure he would be so nonchalant about it all had the horrific scratch from a nail along the side of his own Element happened.

An experience like that does indeed make one feel violated with the end result leading to being pretty darn ticked off. I've had 2 cars "scratched" with some device by vandals (one even initialed his "handywork"). And I had all 4 tires slashed while parked in a parking garage in Houston (along with an entire row of cars - about 24 in total). Everyone's tires were slashed and when we came out to our cars at the end of the work day you can imagine how surprised and ticked off we were.

It happens and it is not fun when it happens. Very difficult for me to imagine somebody so nonchalant about it as HondaMade4Dogs. :-o

LeadFoot

·
Banned
124 Posts
Hondamade4dogs said:
You'll never work for the company that makes these babies. Ever. You should see a shrink and find out what happened to you as a kid that made you a complete idiot ...

1 - 20 of 49 Posts