Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was Curious about how to maintain the insde floors/cleaning, use HOSE???

·
Registered
352 Posts
You can use a hose - once (because after that your electrical system will probably be ruined!). I've found that those wet "swiffers" do the best job cleaning up Coke, mud, dirt etc.

·
Registered
914 Posts
lon,

That is a great idea...I didn't even think of using that swifter sweeper thing in there. Thanks.

oh and as for the hose, you might not want to do that because of the spare tire compartment. You might flood it, or it might not dry completely and create a bad situation. As for the electrical, its all raised off the ground (at least the door ones are).

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Although he did not recomend it, our saleman did tell us that you can have up to 5 inches of water inside the E....because all the electrical componets are waterproofed up to the 6 inch mark.

The swifter is a great idea! Somone mentioned the swifter dust cloths for the dash....but the wet ones are perfect for the floor!

Diane

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
It is one of those hard floor cleaner mops things that has dispoible cloth that are either dry or wet....they collect dust and stuff....you can buy they Swifter kit at your grocery store, Target, Wallmart, etc....I think it is like $20 for the mop thing and then the cloths are like $3-$5 a pack. Another brand on the market is The Pledge Grab It.

Hope that helps!
Diane :)

·
Registered
914 Posts
[quote:520eed2b62="StLouisPenguin"]It is one of those hard floor cleaner mops things that has dispoible cloth that are either dry or wet....they collect dust and stuff....you can buy they Swifter kit at your grocery store, Target, Wallmart, etc....I think it is like $20 for the mop thing and then the cloths are like $3-$5 a pack. Another brand on the market is The Pledge Grab It.

Hope that helps!
Diane :)[/quote:520eed2b62]

and the clorox ready-mop

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm partial to the Pledge one myself :D

The leaf blower seems like a great idea. With the suicide doors open on both sides you should blow it out in no time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have used a hose in mine after all the snow melted here. I pulled the plug located in the spare tire compartment and parked on an incline so that all the water went back to the spare tire area. I did remove the spare and the rear seats for this but all it took was a towel dry and it was clean and dry. :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts