Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else experience a really hot floor after a long drive? Just came back from an 8 hour road trip...hot outside but arrived home at night. Had the AC running the whole time. However, picking up things off the floor, they were really hot to the touch. My poor dog was on a blanket on the floor and the blanket was hot too. The entire floor, front to back was really cookin'.

I have a 2006 Element. Temp gauge was normal.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Check under the car to make sure the heat shields on the exhaust are still in place. I don't have a picture for reference but I know there's one over both mufflers and there should be one on the exhaust header as well. If it was as hot as you've said I would be concerned but I can't imagine what would have caused it. I know there isn't much insulation on the floor so if it was hot and you were using the AC, driving over hot roads (blacktop vs. concrete) and maybe doing a lot of stop and go driving so perhaps it's just transferring the heat really efficiently :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip CoffeeDragon. I checked under the Element, looked at parts list and thought I was missing a shield over the resonator. However, went to the dealer, confirmed that there is no missing heat shield (looked at an Element that was on a hoist). There is one over the cat converter, and one over the muffler but not over the resonator, which is directly under the back seat floor. I guess it is normal, but a little disconcerting that it should get so hot. Probably useful in the winter...!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts