Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I have noticed a smell of burning rubber coming from the passenger rear wheel . When I checked it out I noticed the center of the rim was very hot. Now , I don't hear any strange noises coming from the rear when driving, the car is handling normal, no grinding sounds or vibrations , just heat and the smell of rubber, not brake lining. Any suggestion as to what it might be ?

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
Possibly a sticking parking brake; it is a small drum brake inside the disk. Hopefully your problem is not a bad bearing.

A request: it is now more important than ever to complete your vehicle profile. With the 2010's out we are now dealing with 8 model years' worth of vehicles ranging from brand spankin' new, to still under warranty, to... well... "beaters" with 200,000+ miles on them. When asking for help with a problem, we need a basis for understanding what we are dealing with, especially when diagnosing problems more likely to arise from wear and tear, or age. Year, model and transmission go a long way towards narrowing the diagnosis.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts