Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Among my perpetual honey do's is floor cleaning. I use the clorox Mop n' Go system in the kitchen. It's fast and for someone who's not a sticlker, it does a good enough job, though I always thought it was a little oily. I was ready to clean the kithchen floor recently in anticipation of showing the house when I discovered we were out of the cleaning juice. My wife suggested using multi-purpose 409 and that worked pretty good. Based on that success, I mixed up a batch of Armstrong rinse free floor cleaner from pre Clorox days and poured it in the dispenser bottle. It worked great and it's cheap cheap cheap. Any other time-saving, money-saving ideas out there?

·
Registered
3,067 Posts

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
We recently had tenants move out of a rental house after three years. The kitchen floor, which is kind of a brick red linoleum...was black. Tried to clean it with 409. No deal. Tried Bleche-White whitewall tire cleaner. No deal. Finally got it clean with driveway degreaser and rented a commmercial floor scrubber, then finished it off with a good quality liquid wax. I was astounded that we were able to restore it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts