Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read somewhere that the Element's power locks (without keyless entry) do not lock all doors. Does this mean that if I inserted a key into the driver's side door that only that door would unlock or would all doors (including the tailgate) unlock? Can someone with an Element explain how its locking system regularly works?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
The key only unlocks the door you are using it on....if you open the drivers door and then hit the "unlock" button on the driver's door all doors and tailgate will open.

If you have the keyless entry everything unlocks....I just got keyless entry a little over a week ago and it is wonderful.....don't know what I did without it for the last three months of E ownership! *plus this is the first car that I have ever owned with keyless remote....wooohooo.....will never own another car without it!

·
Registered
424 Posts
I wish that the Keyless and Alarm system came from the factory :roll: I just hate the idea that the dealer needs to be hands on :evil:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I actually bought mine aftermarket (Viper system) and I had the guys at Circuit City do it (good thing my hubbie works there!) but they did an excellent job! Not a single scratch, bump, or bruise!

·
Registered
156 Posts
[quote:dabadf9f3c="Element"]I wish that the Keyless and Alarm system came from the factory :roll: I just hate the idea that the dealer needs to be hands on :evil:[/quote:dabadf9f3c]

It took me about 10 minutes to install and program my keyless. Very easy. :D

As for reading about the power locks not locking all doors -- you're correct, UNLESS you know the secret Honda trick -- which I've been using since my '82 Accord -- pull and hold the inside handle on driver's door, then press power lock button...voila, all doors locked! (Also works for manually locking door from inside.)

Steve

·
Registered
16 Posts
where does the bracket go? I must be a huge idiot, cant find the place where the bracket shoulod go......please help

·
Registered
16 Posts
programming was easy, finding the bracket should have been, just didn't stick my head far enough into the footwell......so if anyone sees this, the bracket goes pretty far back in there.....stick your head way in there look up and you will see it....cheers everyone

·
Registered
183 Posts
[quote:3022e6b200="SteveO"]As for reading about the power locks not locking all doors -- you're correct, UNLESS you know the secret Honda trick -- which I've been using since my '82 Accord -- pull and hold the inside handle on driver's door, then press power lock button...voila, all doors locked! (Also works for manually locking door from inside.)

Steve[/quote:3022e6b200]

Actually if I push down on my driver's side door lock all the doors lock including the rear door. Also, when I lock the driver's door from the outside, again all doors lock - this is a bit of a pain as I then have to unlock the passenger door to retrieve my stuff to take in to work. I don't know what I pushed to make this happen, but it does.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts