Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone wants to sell one? Anyone near me in portalnad Oregon?

Any sites / pointers / advice?

Thanks
Todd

·
Registered
222 Posts
a used element would have to come from a disappointed buyer, as they are so new. I'd avoid a used one. Chances are they'd be turned back into a dealer at a loss (of the purchaser) to acquire a CR-V or something. The dealer would list it close to invoice, and likely move it quickly. Personally, I'd buy a new one.

I had a similar choice when buying a Passat a couple years ago. The new body style was out, a disappointed owner turned his new old style Passat in with a couple thousand miles to get a new style car. He lost alot of money, but I guess the extra chrome of a new Passat was worth it. Dealer really tried to move it on me - but no way in hell am I buying a car that some idiot drove during its break in period that he knew he was turning right back in. Either he had problems, or caused problems.

Same deal on a used Element. What would possess someone to sell a car just a few months old?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, That is a good Idea. Unfotunately in my area (Oregon) Dealers are using the novelty factor and trying to seel these a few thousands more than the MSRP, at times without even showing you the car before selling it to you. Its hard for me to swallow paying more than MSRP! After reading a few p[osts in this forum it seems like it is possible to get one at or below msrp!? I just have to figure out how!

Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
I Called Klamath Honda in Klamath Falls, OR and told them what color I wanted. They located one for me from another dealer and sold it to me for MSRP. I am satisfied.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I have heard that dealers cannot sell their demo's after 6 month period. So i guess in late June you can get a pretty good deal, but why would you want a demo when you can a spanking brand new one. Plus in Oct the 2004's are out :D

Ex 2WD EBP

·
Registered
71 Posts
someone on this site is selling theirs. Check the links... poor dude just lost his job & has to part w/ his E.

·
Registered
18 Posts
This is a little too far away for you, but if there's anyone in the northeast looking for a used E, Autofair Honda in Manchester, NH has a used Satin Silver EX AWD with the following options:
Fog lights - Mud Guards - optional armrest - door visors
Tag is $19,975.00

I don't know the mileage, but it looks clean and in good condition.

Just wanted to pass this along in case any one was interested.

·
Registered
53 Posts
nothing wrong with it ..bought it march 11.. has less than 300 miles on it(i dont go anywhere) i drove a lonnnnnnnnng distance to dealer thinking i would get good price..but didnt ..with trade in i paid 22,900.. but i wanted orange and got blue.. i was tired..they said it would take 3 hours to bring an orange.. i said forget it..its 4wd ex.
im in los angeles..fly down drive back

·
Registered
540 Posts
[quote:1335cb8054="pemfluke"]nothing wrong with it ..bought it march 11.. has less than 300 miles on it(i dont go anywhere) i drove a lonnnnnnnnng distance to dealer thinking i would get good price..but didnt ..with trade in i paid 22,900.. but i wanted orange and got blue.. i was tired..they said it would take 3 hours to bring an orange.. i said forget it..its 4wd ex.
im in los angeles..fly down drive back[/quote:1335cb8054]

So you're selling it because you wanted orange, really?

·
Registered
540 Posts
[quote:4972a79df4="pemfluke"]yes luscious.. thats the only reason :p[/quote:4972a79df4]

Are you planning on getting an orange one soon?

·
Registered
540 Posts
[quote:56e07509fa="pemfluke"]i'd like to.. but this car is bought and totally paid for..i'd need to sell it first[/quote:56e07509fa]

Have you advertised it? I'd bet you'll get lots of phone calls and while you wouldn't get your full $ back of course, you could ask for something reasonable, and beat all the MSRP+ dealers in the area.

Good luck to you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts