Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Through the passenger window....

I just went easy on it for the first 500 miles.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I followed the recommended 1000km breaking from Honda. I just tirned 4000km and will be driving mine to Calgary/Banff/Lake Louise/Lake Winnipeg next month. Should be a fun trip.

·
Registered
64 Posts
erider...be sure to post cool pics of you and your E in cool places have fun on that trip!! I'd like to know how long it takes you!

I have always been told when breaking in a new car, don't stay at a constant speed for too long for the first 1000km...

take a nice road trip, do 60, then 80, then 100 and mix it up...A great route take hwy 48 north or maybe hwy 6, you can vary your speeds having to slow down through the small towns and do the 80-100 thing from town to town...

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have 7500 K on mine. Took it easy for the first 1000. Put some Amsoil in it at 6000. Running great. If you guys are going for beers in Calgary. I'm in. Let me know

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'll be in Calgary around June 10th. I'm planning running up to Banff and Lake Louise. I'll be taking lots of pictures and might even test spending a night in the "E".

Should be a fun trip. I thinking about taking the US route from Sarnia - Chicago - Winnipeg. Any one else take that route before? Is it faster than going across Lake Superior?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts