Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can I buy a belt to bypass my AC

My condensor is shot and I dont want to replace it right now. Can I buy a belt to bypass it or do I also need an aftermarket idler pulley to put in place of the AC pump.

·
Registered
249 Posts
It would seem easier to me just to leave the existing belt on and just pull the fuse to avoid a/c clutch engagement

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
doesnt your 2005 use 38920-PZD-A01 being it is an A/C equipped element?

its doubtful 05+ elements were available less the A/C

so #31110-RAA-A02 is for you. as components havent changed esp not before 07+

·
Registered
42 Posts
old thread, but did not want to leave people stranded.

It appears the Bando part number MAY be 7PK1388 (which can be had for much less)
7 Ribs x 1388 mm or 7 Ribs x 54.5 Inch. Dealership tried to charge me 80 dollars, insane

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just had to do this with my 2003 Element. The NAPA NBH 25070553 - tough to install but works perfectly. The metric number is 7pk1405. Anything shorter than these would be pretty tight. I was able to do it just my moving the power steering reservoir & removing the RF tire & the inner fender liner.

·
Registered
3 Posts
4 Months later - I'm not sure this is the best fix, long term.
The loss of a loaded pulley (the a/c compressor) in the system seems to put additional strain on the alternator in particular.
Mine eventually began to overheat, and i'm replacing it today.
I would recommend looking at replacing the a/c compressor, or getting a dummy bypass pulley like the Dorman, and the OEM length belt.
One of those two is my next move. If anyone else has gone more than 20k miles with the short belt, please by all means chime in here. THX

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.