Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 E and keeping to grey cladding looking good is a chore. I usually use Armoral on it with a sponge. I looks good until it rains, then it streaks and runs. Any suggestions? Fredq5

·
Registered
86 Posts
After washing your E, use 303 Aerospace Protectant. It's available at some auto stores and most marinas. Apply sparingly and wipe on with a small clean rag. It holds up better than Armoral for me. it works good on the plastic panels and other plastic trim. Happy motoring!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
My gray panels look just the same as they did on day one and my E spends it's life outdoors with very little cosmetic maintenance. I had to have the front right fender replaced last fall after some guy crashed into me. I was worried that the new one would not match the old panels but it looks the exact same.

I never use any kind of treatment on the panels when I wash the E.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I bought some Back to Black after reading about it here. I put some on the black plastic of my new E and it made a heck of a difference. That was about 9,000 miles ago and it still looks good. I see no reason why it wouldn't work just as good on the gray panels. You can get it at Walmart.

On second thought it might not look good on the gray. It will make them shine. Not sure if you want the gray panels shiny or not.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I bought some Back to Black after reading about it here. I put some on the black plastic of my new E and it made a heck of a difference. That was about 9,000 miles ago and it still looks good. I see no reason why it wouldn't work just as good on the gray panels. You can get it at Walmart.

On second thought it might not look good on the gray. It will make them shine. Not sure if you want the gray panels shiny or not.

My panels are gray! Made them look great!

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I've tried pretty much all of the standard and boutique products on my E's plastic panels and sure they may look good for a short period of time,but none of them really last all that long.:| So I decided to purchase some Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus.8) Sure it's somewhat on the pricey side,but I like my panels to look good for long periods of time,so I figured I'd try it.:) The weather hasn't been cooperating,so I haven't been able to actually try it yet.:x

http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-tire-trim-guard.html

^^That's actually a very good sale price,it's usually much more expensive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts