Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I tried doing the 1&6 hold down but the radio just goes on. I just got this '03 EX on 8-22-09 so I am learning a lot from the EOC. I have already discovered it has a n aftermarket car alarm, so I was already thinking down the road about not having the radio code if I had to disconnect the battery. So is there anyway to tell if this is a real honda radio?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
if you posted a picture of the radio we could all tell you if it was factory or not. look in the sides of the glovebox for a small white label/sticker. if there is one that has a long number and a 5 digit number that is your radio code if it still has the factory radio.

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
Doesn't the OEM radio have large knobs that match the AC controls? The lights should also match the dash lights (e.g. not blue).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kb2eh1,
Thanks, that link started all this. But I did not read far enough down One of the posters put in something that I had not noticed. Evidently yoi can only get this code when the radio requests it after you have unhooked the battery. I am not in that mode I just thought I would get it for when I did need it. Well at least I know what to do about it when the time comes. Thanks everyone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts