Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search, but "H" is too short so it didn't sort out the relevant posts.

Anyway...
1. What is the best way to remove this?
2. Are there pins or it is just a "sticker"?
3. Once removed can you re-install it or will I need to buy a new one if I want to re-install it (Ex: not sure if the glue will re-stick or if the pins will break when it is removed)?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
680 Posts
Hey TJeep,

I removed my H Emblem...you can google how to de badge your emblems.
There are videos...

I used fishing line to remove the emblem...I didnt heat it, but it would be super easy if it had been a warm day or if I had used a hair dryer to warm the emblem's glue.

It is stuck on by an adhesive.
DO NOT USE Rustoleum Emblem and Adhesive remover...it SUCKS
Try maybe Goo Gone...i heard that works.

Once the emblem is off, I soaked it in Rubbing alcohol for 15 minutes and all the glue just peeled off with the help of tweezers.

If you go to Autozone, they sell 3M Plastic Emblem and Trim Adhesive
Its great...

If you have the "H" emblem hazing after effects, You can buff it out with some wax.
The local detail shop(BUNKEY's Car WASH off of High House Road, Cary, NC)
did it for me for free...no charge...

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
when removing badges i also used fishing line.
i also found it useful to put a small loop in each end of the fishing line and then slid a screwdriver (philips/torx is best) into each loop to use as handles. that way the fishing line wasn't trying to cut thru my fingers as it cut thru the adhesive.
just be careful of where the screwdriver blades are pointed as you don't want any scratches in the paint or in your skin. <grin>

·
Registered
70 Posts
+1 for fishing line w/ loops on the end & handles. Or wear some gloves.
I used goo gone on my H and all it did is make it slippery.
On the ELEMENT emblem I just used a terry cloth towel and rubbed/rolled the adhesive off. It was much faster.
Finish it off with some cleaner wax or scratch x.
BTW I did it on a very hot day in direct sunlight so I'm sure that helped.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Remove badges

I have found that you go to a dollar store and buy some cheap rubber spatula (you'll get a bag of 3 or 4 in all sizes) start in a corner and go slow and easy. clean-up tape with liquid Ice clay then wax. I have remove badges on all 4 of my elements this way and a lot more cars8)

·
Registered
71 Posts
fishing line or dental floss then use a blow dry to heat up and remove remaining sticky crap

·
Registered
121 Posts
Was curious, my E is 2 years old now, is it too late to debadge it? Meaning will there be any noticeable color change under the emblem when I remove it? Fading etc...

·
Registered
121 Posts
So nobody has removed their emblem after two years? I don't want to remove this thing and then have some ugly faded mark showing where it was.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
So nobody has removed their emblem after two years? I don't want to remove this thing and then have some ugly faded mark showing where it was.
I removed the "ELEMENT" on the 06 after four years. I hit it with a light polish and it looks perfect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts