Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put on my stock wheels for the first time since I purchased my E because I'm getting ready for Winter. Normally running some 19's. I don't know how you guys do it - way smoother ride, less bumpy, handles great, doesn't grab cracks in the road. They don't look as good, but damn it's going to be tough when the ground thaws and I go throw back on the 19's.

:twisted:

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
When I take the 20's off and put the stocks on it does feel weird. Like you're riding on balloons or something. You never have to dodge cracks or slow to a crawl at dips. When you put your 19's back on it will feel odd for a day or two, then it will be normal again...

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
I have changed out the wheels on several cars. The ride is always the first thing you will notice. The larger the diameter of the wheel the harder the ride.

The tire does in fact act a shock absorber. The larger the distance from the road the more shock gets soaked up. Larger wheels = less rubber and air volume to aid in the absorbency.

Conversely is the handling factor is effected. The larger rim will feel less vague in the steering. That's due to the same set of values that influence the ride.

I think the rides stiff enough for my taste with the 16 inch wheels. Therefor I have not considered changing them out. The stock wheels look good too! :)

Dom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts